tranny blown :(

DB2 B17A1

Corner Junkie
Damn my tranny blown. :cry: I have a 1993 Integra GS-R. So this is how it happen. I was at a light and my friend in a mustang pulled up so i launched low nothing dramatic at 2500rpm. It was going well til all of a sudden the motor ran high rpm and then you can here this clanking/rattling noise.

The car starts up fine nothing wrong with the engine. I can put it in gear fine sits well and everything, its just that when you start to go it'll sit still like neutral and the clanking noise comes up. Maybe the syncro or i heard it may be a broken clutch. Any help please?! It sucks, and will it be hard to repair? :cry::cry:

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
That sounds like when my clutch went out in my G2, i had to nurse it off the side of the highway. I was sad.

1991TeGgY Ls

no offense but u shouldnt be racing a car thats over 15 years old....

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
If it is an axle then you will notice when you go to do the clutch.lol Check out the axles, it could be stripped out inside but the only way to tell is pull them out so you might as well do a clutch since you'll be half way there anyway......but it does sound like a clutch issue IMO

DB2 B17A1

Corner Junkie
Well i was asking around and some people say it could be the throw out bearing. You guys think that might be the problem. dc2GS-R, there is nothing wrong when i push down on the clutch, the clutch feels fine and when i was getting the car towed it didnt make any noise. The only time it makes that noise is when you put it in gear and you try to balance the clutch and the gas to go.

btw.... whats wrong racing a 15yr old car?

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Well i was asking around and some people say it could be the throw out bearing. You guys think that might be the problem. dc2GS-R, there is nothing wrong when i push down on the clutch, the clutch feels fine and when i was getting the car towed it didnt make any noise. The only time it makes that noise is when you put it in gear and you try to balance the clutch and the gas to go.

btw.... whats wrong racing a 15yr old car?
Throw out bearing is possible but they usually give some gear whine sounding noises or some hint before they go from my experience. I'm by far a G2 pro so my opinions only are worth so much. My bro's BB6 clutch let go all at once and it was a similar deal. We pulled the tranny and his clutch was pretty much shattered into pieces....

Nothing wrong with racing a 15yr old car IMO. I would prefer it. Why destroy a new one. Shit is gonna break when you race....why break a new car.

To tell you the truth man....that is hard to diagnose from a keyboard. But it does sound like some clutch symptoms to me.

Last edited: