tranny case cracked!

alexjoo

so i cracked my tranny case. its a hairline crack about one and a half inches long. its was leaking alot so i flushed it and am about to jb weld it. is there any way i can prevent this to happen again without raising my suspension? im pretty sure i didnt hit anything or scrape anything harder than usual.

thanks in advanced kid with bad luck

jznsn2u

:shock: wow. I never heard of that one, I hope welding it does the job bro. Keep your head up :thumbs up.

phatintegra

Banned
Did the same on mine. Ended up replacing the whole trans, since my gears were on it's way out. You prob can get a case from Acura.

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
my buddy did that to his, we did the same thing. not much you can do i dont think

alexjoo

:shock: wow. I never heard of that one, I hope welding it does the job bro. Keep your head up :thumbs up.
thanks man im trying haha

Did the same on mine. Ended up replacing the whole trans, since my gears were on it's way out. You prob can get a case from Acura.
well my gears are in pretty good shape but buying a new case is kind of difficult its expensive and dont you have to take out your motor to put a new case in?

my buddy did that to his, we did the same thing. not much you can do i dont think
yeah hopefully everything goes according to plan. im carless for the next week and after i jb weld my tranny case and put in new transmission fluid im going to leave in parked at my house with a pan under it for a couple days just to make sure its not dripping any more

phatintegra

Banned
You don't have to pull the motor out. just dismount the rotors, hub, axles, exhaust down pipe and drop the trans.

alexjoo

that sounds a little easier haha.....i asked around and my friends said that jb weld is only temporary. im thinkin buy a used tranny in good condition and use it? any advice?