tranny/clutch questions

blacknightteg

I drive a Reject Special
ok, so if all you guys remember, i got my b20 put in back in May. When i got the motor put in, i got a new clutch cause im was going on the frits. Well, over the past month i have noticed that it just doesnt feel right. My Clutch engages high off the floor, and its hard to put it in first and second, even when stopped. im trying to figure out wahts wrong. im hoppin the clutch isnt already bad! if it is ill will be very irritated! let me know what you guys think, and if i didnt give you enough info, let me know.

or do you think it could be my tranny, i have yet to replace it.

Last edited:

Vtec-Pwr

OPP-O1-OH-DC2
does the clutch once in a while stays in the floor (doesn't come back out when you lift your foot)?

blacknightteg

I drive a Reject Special
na i havent had that happen yet, i mena it shifts and everything, ill just have times where its hard to get it into first even when im dead still and the clutch engages really high off the floor

Sounds like hydrolics to me..

Could be a bent fork, bad throughout bearing or bad trans.. but I would start with replacing the clutch master and slave

suspendedHatch

Legalize Illegal Aliens
I would bleed the clutch and then adjust the pedal engagement height by turning the pushrod into the master cylinder where it's connected to the pedal.

Is it an exedy clutch? I have the same exact problems with mine. Sometimes when I'm at a complete stop i'm unable to shift into first or second and I'm forced to take off from third lol. It doesn't do it all the time though. I've gotten used to it though so I haven't really looked at anything

blacknightteg

I drive a Reject Special
no its not an exedy clutch. im going to probably adjust the height/bleed the clutch tomorrow, i dont really have time to do it today. it will be dark by the time i get home from school.

what are the reasons it could be the master/slave cylinder?

suspendedHatch

Legalize Illegal Aliens
That's not a clutch problem.

I had an Exedy clutch and flywheel in my Civic for years and I loved it.

blacknightteg

I drive a Reject Special
wouldnt that pretty much be the pressure plate though if i wasnt disengaging enough? im just wondering, cause i did get a new clutch back when i got the swap in. i know its probably not all the parts and just the CLUTCH itself. but yeah. i mean it was working fine up till about a month or so ago and i have really noticed it the past few weeks

Yeah mine didn't start doing it until I changed my clutch, that's why I mentioned it. But I have the exact two problems as you, shifting into first and second and a really high engagement point.

blacknightteg

I drive a Reject Special
well i called my shop, and they said that i should bleed the clutch and maybe put new tranny fluid in the tranny. said to try that. not gaurenteeing that its the problem but worth a shot. ill probably do that and go from there.