Tranny Problem plz help!!

dohc_integra92

Ok so my 91 teg has been having transmission problems and its an automatic. When i drive it the car just pops out of drive and goes into neutral, and that's all i have i don't have any other gear no reverse no low gear nothing. But when i put in in park and turn the car off for a couple of minutes and turn it back on i can put it back in drive and drive it then it will pop out of gear again, Ive replaced a shift position switch and it did nothing, i found a TSB on all-data that said to clean grounds and i did that and it did nothing, so now im coming here asking for help, i can not figure this out, if any of you have had the same problem please help, or give me some ideas, it would be greatly appreciated.

dohc_integra92

i dont think its my transmission, my teacher at school says if it was a transmission that i wood have somthing, its a intermittent problem its either i have gears or i dont, its not like i have drive and no reverse if it pops outta gear i have nothing at all

white89hatch

Check your fluids or it might be your transmission control module.

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
When you turn off the car and park for 5 minutes it is good again for
A bit? I had this on my old auto teg. Was a TCU failing. It's cheaper to swap in a
Used transmission.

dohc_integra92

yea when i turn the car off for like 5 its good or if i unplug the battery and plug back it will be fine, so it wood really would be cheaper to change the transmission? and sometimes it will change gears i can tell when its gonna pop out when it wont go outta first.

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
For me we had mainly narrowed it down to a failing TCU. It was cheaper to get a used one to swap in and use.

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
Your symptoms could be a shift solenoid, tranny in need of a flush, or a new tcu. I'd talk to a mechanic, because that's about as far as I can diagnose your issues over the internet. When you talk to one..mention those things.

dohc_integra92

so i out that TCU and it didnt do anything so i went to the best tranny shop in my town and he told me its a tranny drain filter, he says its clogged and its prob from bad bearing metal on metal from when it had no fluid in it, idk when that happened tho, so im gunna need a new tranny after all

DC_Five_Earl

so i out that TCU and it didnt do anything so i went to the best tranny shop in my town and he told me its a tranny drain filter, he says its clogged and its prob from bad bearing metal on metal from when it had no fluid in it, idk when that happened tho, so im gunna need a new tranny after all
Interesting, never heard of gear pop-out in an automatic car. But good luck with the fix man.