tranny removal

crashtestracer

ok so I am doing a write up of how to remove the trans in a gsr and I am having one issue.... I cant get it out. I have removed the bolts on the top, behind the starter near the slave cylinder, the two that face the drivers side, the slave cylinder, the engine mount on the pass side, the brace on the front and back of the trans, the fly wheel cover wasnt there so thats not in the write up. and taken off the 2 sensor connections on the trans, should the trans just fall off or should it have to be pried off? some help from some one who did this would be nice.

skoodles

I <3 Vanessa
your going to have to pry it back some. there are alignment pins and the main shaft that slides in the clutch get it that far back and it should come out. did you remove both cv axles and the half shaft?

crashtestracer

I am assuming that he was refering to the axles and the intermediate shaft and yes I did i just forgot to list it. dont worry there are pics of everthing I should get it posted once I actually get this damn thing out. thanks for the help that is what i thought I would have to do but I didnt want to just start prying and have it in the write up unless you actually have to do it

So let me get this right because I think I may be confused. You are doing a how to write up on a gsr transmission removal, but you cant get it out? Will you make sure you highlight your write up so I know which one to skip?

Just fuckin with ya dude. Get a screw driver and pry it apart. If it still wont budge, you left a bolt in.

ropeadope14

yer they stick together like mad, i had to pry mine open. just try with a screwdriver from different angles.

crashtestracer

the last time I dropped a trans it was on my 240sx the process is just a little differnet and yea no prob i will highlight the steps to skip for the record i would skip the 40lb sledge lol. does any one know where I can order a new trans from I have 2 bearings that are spun out and the gears dont look good either