Tranny swap gone bad..

90teggysue

Hey I have a 90 Da and I swapped the tranny from Auto to Manual And my Clutch pedal is Sticking and I have adjusted my cable in every way possible...any idea why my clutch pedal is not coming back up?

j13

Keep It Clean
The clutch cable is probably broken. Or theirs probably a spring on the tranny that pushing the cable or on the check the pedal assembly itself

90teggysue

Well Ive tried looking up diagrams and sh%t for the tranny and I paid 20 bucks just for the bracket for the cable and my clutch just isnt engaging at all..the arm has to go all the way up just so the throw out bearing to hit the pressure plate..Ive done ripped the d@mn tranny down 1 2 many times.... like it wont even allow it to go into gear when the pedal is still stuck down...

tsu878

"Supersonic Vtec fun"
r u sure the clutch disc is in there or the throw out bearing.

Prozon

Kris
I'd say adjustment. While doing various things to have it unhooked and such, I believe if it wasn't tight enough it wouldn't come back up. Or something like that? Can you engage the clutch by pulling the arm on the tranny that the cable would be pulling on? I think your cable is just too loose.

Last edited:

90teggysue

yup Ive tried lifting the arm and It still doesnt wanna go into any gear at all..

Cman46290

Something wasnt installed right... or maybe the pressure plate is bad. Did you bleed the clutch really good? I know my pedal went limp all of a sudden one day...and i bled the clutch and it was perfect.

Last edited:

Rich-PMS

^ you don't bleed a cable clutch^

maybe you have the wrong cable?

Are you 100% sure everything is put together correctly?

dohc_integra92

is your throw out bearing broken??? becuz me and my bro had the same problem wit his car, we put it all together and then it woodnt go into gear it was almost like the cable wasnt long enough i guess, then we took it all apart and we saw that the throw out bearing was broken, so check that.....

or just the throw out ingeneral

90teggysue

Yea I couldnt bleed a cable clutch..:)) but no man Throw out bearing isnt broke at all I took it down 2 times already and this saturday will be the last time I take it down and put it back in Sooo yea...and My clutch Kit was brand new from Grip force off of Ebay sooo umm idk :(

Rich-PMS

Gripforce is a great company, and the f1 racing clutch kit I have has seen 7k miles since mothers day. They're great clutches.

Are you positive the throw out bearing isn't backwards?
Is it possible that the trans is the problem?

90teggysue

Yea Im positive that the Throw out bearing isnt backwards and the cable i adjusted in every position possible..even ran it different ways... have you guys done a tranny swap from Auto to manual b4?

Prozon

Kris
The trans swap wouldn't matter really. As long as you have all the components there, it should be delt with as a "manual transmission" issue.

It does take a little bit of force to move the arm by hand. But if you can't get it to move AT ALL, in ANY GEAR, I think you did something wrong. Throwout bearing would be my guess too. I've seen people install them backwards, maybe this Saturday you can triple check that. :p