Tranny swap gone bad..

90teggysue

yea..how is there any way 2 put it on Backwards if the back end of the throwout bearing has the holes for the Spring that fits right into the spot?so how could it possibly be backwards?

dohc_integra92

it can be in backwards or broken, u cant see if its backwards when its in u have to take it out and look at it...

r u sure u got a good transmission?, it could be a bad tranny

RT Type-R

"Carpe Diem"
Anyone correct me if im wrong, u guys think it could be the master cylinder? because i helped my cuzin install his master cylinder and i guess we didnt adjust it right so it wouldnt go into any gear. We loosened it and everything was cool

90teggysue

well I dont see how it could be on backwards at all because the throwout bearing is the same all the way around..both sides fo the spring to go into is the exact same so how could it be backwards?

Rich-PMS

People clearly dot read before posting.

It is possible to put the throw out bearing in backwards.

I would make sure that the spring clip, clutch fork, and throw out bearing are all 100% properly installed. Also- beforeyou installed the trans were you able to shift from gear to gear smoothly?

90teggysue

Yea they dont Read Carefully. :)) Yea it goes threw the gears perfectly fine and then When i start the car up it wont go into any gear at all because the clutch ismt engaging at all...

dohc_integra92

Do u have a bad tranny?????? and if u had a bad throw out bearing it will do that, e and my brother had the same problem and he had a bad throw out bearing we replaced it and now its fine...

Rich-PMS

Put the trans in first, push clutch and try to start it.

Be careful as it will try to jerk foward if the clutch isnt engauged.

90teggysue

yea I tried that and another thing is Its a tranny swap..i dont need to push the clutch in to start it up i have the wires wired up 2 make the car think its in park...and it does that but another problem is that my car is now starting an sitting at High Rpm when I 1st start it its at like 3500 and when I give it a lil gas its goes up 2 4500 and stays up high :(

90teggysue

Well lets say I called it a day..i dropped my tranny put a new Throwout bearing Spring and cleaned my tranny up a lil more and Its driving and mY b18a1 has balls.. For being stock..Its a champ..

Prozon

Kris
So the throwout bearing was the issue eh?
Thanks for the follow up at least.

I was really starting to think you didn't know what you were doing. :p

90teggysue

Lmao It was my 1st tranny swap ever yo... It was the spring retainer..i guess my buddy that put the throw out bearing the 1st time I wasnt paying attention he pulled the fucking Spring off with pliers when he told me he did that i was like wtf Fag lmao but i dropped the tranny and replaced the spring and had everything put back in place in 2hours :)

Prozon

Kris
Good job. I wouldn't ever go through the trouble of doing an auto to manual swap, so props to ya lol.