transmission help...getting pissed off

broken_scars

ok one of my best friends rebuilt my tansmission in my 92 integra gs. ys1 tranny b18a1. we put it in the last couple days and started it tonight. i had like 2 gears, no reverse and the car dies in neutral like it was in gear. in 5th it rolls like its in first. he is a great mechanic and i am almost positive that the tranny was put together right but could it be in the shift linkage???? i am so confused.. it has a new clutch and flywheel...there is a lot of play in the shifting. i have prothane shifter bushings and a short throw shifter...help!!!!!!:shock:

Num_1_Tnr

ok one of my best friends rebuilt my tansmission in my 92 integra gs. ys1 tranny b18a1. we put it in the last couple days and started it tonight. i had like 2 gears, no reverse and the car dies in neutral like it was in gear. in 5th it rolls like its in first. he is a great mechanic and i am almost positive that the tranny was put together right but could it be in the shift linkage???? i am so confused.. it has a new clutch and flywheel...there is a lot of play in the shifting. i have prothane shifter bushings and a short throw shifter...help!!!!!!:shock:
this might not help but
it sound like the trans iv had that happen to my older integra not to sure what tranny it was but it was the stock ls i had similar problems i had a 91 Ls. it was for sure the trans but mine got stuck in 2nd and when i got it out of gear the and in neutral the car died like it was in 5th. the trans guy that looked at it for me told me. that the shaft that engages the gears had come loose and just goes into random gears..

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
^^ lol I'm afraid of what that post means....

Sounds like it could either be a bent shift linkage or a transmission not properly assembled.
Manual transmissions are cake to put together/take apart tho, so I'd like to think that your friend did it right, but who knows.

Why'd you rebuild it in the first place? and how did it get rebuilt? could be part of your problem.

broken_scars

well i got carbon coated synchros from synchrotech because i was grinding gears and having a hard time going into gear. well when we were taking the clutch plate off one of the springs from the clutch disk came off so im thinking thats why i was having problems and maybe it wasnt the transmission at all. but i have a new clutch and flywheel so we might just put the old one back in

Dizzlesmizzle

People screw up somtimes pull it out and redo it man. Its the only way your gonna figure it out. Are you 100% your mechanic buddy knows how to rebuild trannys. See if you can pick up a new trans while your at it. That cant cost 2 much