Transmission identification

decision4life

I have had a creeping suspicion for a while that my trans wasnt a gsr trans but im not for sure. When im going seventy my rpms are dead on 4k with stock wheels and tire sizes. Ive read that some say thats what a gsr trans runs but others say it is an itr. I do know for a fact that it is lsd but nothin else. I cant see an id on the case except for that it is off of a dc2. Any input is greatly appreciated.

LoweredDC4

Jimmy
you have no id on it but you know its from a dc2? how do you know its from a dc2? jdm gsr trans come with an lsd so possibly it is gsr.. idk.. count the teeth and find out.. or compare you gear ratios..

decision4life

It has the serial number but I can only make out the first part where it says dc2 and nothin after, its currently on the car so i cant go any deeper than mph vs rpm. I was hoping someone with a gsr trans could chime in on their rpm at say 50, 60, and 70 mph in 5th so i would know for sure.

LoweredDC4

Jimmy
well i am looking for a gsr trans.. preferably jdm cuz i want the lsd... i think the gsr transmission is longer in the last two gears? i think.. not sure.. but i know my ls trans is at or a little over 3k at 60mph.. if this help..

scottjozzy

Need a site for Ford Truck Transmission decoder/identification?
Need Transmission identification for a 1985 Ford F150 4x2 truck. My door sticker says Trans A, then the number on the 4 speed transmission starts with E3TA 7003.