Transmission is stuck in drive?

xcrx

Hi guys. I just bought a 93 Intergra with an automatic transmission a few weeks ago and I have been loving it but there is something wrong with the shifting. I can move the shifter to any gear just fine but if always tries to go forward. It does this in park, neutral, reverse and all the drive gear. I don't even know where to start looking for the problem. I know a little about cars but I need someone to tell me where to start looking/what to start taking apart. It didn't make any bad noises when I drove it last. I just parked it and it didn't stay put.

I am hoping someone here can help me out. I would really appreciate it.

Boxy

When you switch gears, do they change on your cluster too? Or does your cluster still show drive as lit up?
I don't know much about trannies, but I'm guessing your shifter is broken?

xcrx

Yeah it changes on the cluster. Everything else is normal e.g. it locks/unlocks the key when shifting to and from park and the lights change on the cluster. I was kind of thinking something like that too. can anybody walk me though taking the shifter out and checking it?

self

DA squad.
wish i could help but honestly i never even herd of a problem like this bro.

hopefully someone on here could give u a pointer but worst case, safer bet is to take it to a shop
and geit checked out. deffinately a tranny problem.