Transmission rattle

GreenTeggy

My name is Ben
Ok CI I need help! i have a B&M short shifter a blox weighted shift knob and energy suspension shifter bushings but yet my shifter rattles. I have NO idea what it could be everything that i know of is tight or atleast anything ive touched. If anyone has any ideas please LMK

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
check the heat shields on/around the b-pipe. double check and make sure all the bolts aren't loose, maybe the rear shifter bushing? hopefully your car didn't bottom out and bend the shift linkage. :what:

GreenTeggy

My name is Ben
My shift linkage is all good. i've never bottomed out my car but i'll check the heat shields! and rear shifter bushing? where would that be? is it number 18 on the huge transmission diagram?

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
haha, luckly i saw that thread. yea #18.

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
check #15 while you're at it too i guess. also aftermarket civic shifter vs integra shifter is slightly different. not sure about B&M but skunk2 comes with spacers.

GreenTeggy

My name is Ben
Ya i got both of those replaced with energy suspesion shifter bushings :( and i didnt know of any spacers.. B&M didnt come with one!

H22DB7

BooStEd_DB7
i had the same problem, but it came from the shift linkage being somewhat loose and it was vibrating from my exhaust piping