transmission strength

codeman_11901

so, i was just wondering how much power a 92 gs trans would hold. btw, is the code for the trans on the front by the block stamping? if so, it says ys1 and im assuming that is the stock trans for my car. anyway, when i start running 16lbs of boost, i dont want my trans to explode and blow through whoever is sittin in the passenger seat. im going for 375-400whp and just need a yay or nay on the trans holding up.

codeman_11901

actually i already put a zoom stage three 6-puck disc and fidanza 9.5lb flywheel. grabs rediculous. no slip, in or out lol. so you think my trans will hold 375-400 horses?

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
if you have extra money after your build and are concerned about the tranny i suggest doing a bulletproofing on it

codeman_11901

i dont plan to beat the crap out of it, i just wanted to make sure it wouldnt explode. i might do that later on. you wouldnt happen to know what size the trans to engine mounting bolts are would you? im looking and cant find it.

codeman_11901

so how much power would these trans's hold at max? like the most before you have to worry about grenading it everywhere?