transmission thoughts

DAboi

Alright guys check it out,I'm lookin around for a 1990-93 acura Integra Da and a lot of the cars I'm commin across have 200,xxx+ miles, about how long do you guys think until ill need a tranning swap. Regardless imma switch to the GSR but just wanna know how much time I can by..thanks 8)

96LSteg

Jemel
As long as the transmission is maintained you won't HAVE to swap it. If you WANT to swap it the swap it :)

Sent from the Amazon Rainforest using tapatalk

djzachtyler

Looking for my next Teg..
as long as the car you buy has no grinding or chipping into gears it should last as long as you don't beat the piss out of it.

I'd highly recommend swapping tranny fluid and making sure it is running Honda MTF aftre you buy the car yu buy.

Stock OEM recommendation is to run 10W-30, but Honda MTF is far better for extending the life of the synchros and transmission...

Sammich

i agree w/ the above unless you run into the worst of luck like ihave been lately

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
If its an auto I wouldn't trust it, manual is fine as long as its maintained. Worst thing is you'd need a clutch if it was the original.

ZaWn

^ get the exedy clutch! XD

But yeah, just make sure that there's no grinds and change the trans fluid. If you decide to swap, make sure that you have a good source for the tranny so that you don't end up spending more to rebuild it.

-Z-

Sent from my HTC One