transmisson issue

cjlipels98

So I have a 98 Integra ps and I'm having issues with my trans. I've already replaced the fluid in the trans with own Honda fluid but that didn't seem to do anything. The issue is that it grinds going into 2 nd 3rd and 4th and every once and awhile 5th. And if it doesn't grind its a really hard shift, and it only happens at low Roma. And it started completely randomly. I'm hoping I don't have to replace syn bros but I don't understand how almost all synchros can go bad at once. Needs help

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Sounds like the clutch, if your pressure plate is worn and is not disengaging completely it will cause grinding between gears. More at lower rpms than higher, higher rpm grinds tend to be synchros. Also make sure your master/slave are bled properly so that you are getting the full range of travel on your clutch fork.

cjlipels98

I'm thinking its the clutch but the clutch was just replaced about 6,000 miles ago along with the slave cylinder and the clutch pedal feels normal doesn't feel mushy or anything out of the ordinary. My one buddy said it could be shift linkage but I'm just not sure how that would effect shifting like that.

deeceetwofreak

It could be possible that your foot is just being a little lazy, try pushing the clutch in farther. I know if it's not fully engaged this ^ can happen, guilty of it myself some days.

cjlipels98

Oh I've had everyone tell me that I need to push the clutch in more so I pushed it all the way to the floor and it was still hard to shift