Trashed torque mounts

mjones73

I'd say these were ready to come off the car...

The drivers side was replaced with some aftermarket POS that wasn't even as wide as the original.

I replaced them with OEM mounts with the ES inserts, it made a world of difference. Before in low gears if I let off the gas I could feel the motor rock, specially up through the shifter, now that sucker doesn't budge. It does vibrate more at idle but it's not that bad.

I have the shifter mounts to put in next, saving them for another day.

purp_db7

Mines doesnt even have these previous owner removed them I gotta get some new ones all together

mjones73

Do you have solid mounts? I've heard you can get away without having them if the main mounts are solid.

They were 90ish for the two OEM mounts.

Hot.Damn.

newb and awesome
I need to do nine too, they are all torn up. Would you say ES inserts are worth it?

mjones73

From the short driving I've done since I've put them in, yes, I recommend them. Be prepared for more vibration in the interior though.

mjones73

By the way, the steps for the drivers side require removing the power steering hose from the pump so you can get access to the 3 bolts on the top mount. I found if you just take out the two 10mm bolts and leave the hose in, you can rotate it to push the hose out of your way and loose less fluid. Just take the bolt holding the hose to the valve cover out though.

Last edited:

Hot.Damn.

newb and awesome
Thanks for tip. Where did you order your es inserts? I was going to order them off ebay but it wont take my paypal. I don't think it likes my phone.

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
mine are completly seperated :(

when my car is at idle (automatic) my exhaust moves around a LOT (about 3-4 inches side to side) would this be the cause?