treeafodo's 97 civic

treeafodo

Austin
I was saving up for a project integra, but due to high insurance rates I have to settle and build this up.

Her name is Mona.
I bought this car about a year ago and never did anything to it. Then I decided it was time to build her up. Theres a little bit of rust of the quarter panels that i plan to get fixed over the winter or early spring.
Heres some pics of how she sat when I first got her.

A few weeks ago I washed the car and waxed her the first first time. The paint is now shiny

And then there was the bay:shock:

This is how she sits now, lots of cleaning and minor things later.
Headlights are clear, underwindow trim is painted, steelies are painted DIY CTR grille, wiper arms painted.

Obviously nothing major has happened yet, next up is lowering it and a lip.

treeafodo

Austin
I'm first you newbs. Ordered a little something something for the car today!

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

treeafodo

Austin
Well today I sent my valve cover off to get powder coated, ordered OEM valve cover bolts/grommets as well as an OEM valve cover gasket kit.

And my fog lights should he here today or tomorrow.

treeafodo

Austin
My fog lights are installed and wired. I had them wired up the way your supposed to do it but I didn't like the results so I redid it my own way. I also wired it up so they turn off when the key goes off. I ran the wires so it's somewhat hidden in the bay.

treeafodo

Austin
Not a whole lot unfortunately. Valve cover is power coated and installed, and I put subs in. Other then that just maintence. New fuel/brake lines, new rad, and plug wires. The quarter panel rust is getting fairly bad and there's a couple oxidized spots in the paint. It's not reslly worth putting money into right now. As much as I'd like a lower stance and nice wheels, I'd rather continue saving for a clean teg and actually having a nice car. It'll be a while before I have the money for a teg since I'm in college now but I'll do my best and do what cheap things I can to this car for now.

PatEK

it ain't to bad, 4dr sedans are nice. lowering it would look nice btw, but i get that your saving up for a teg

treeafodo

Austin
it ain't to bad, 4dr sedans are nice. lowering it would look nice btw, but i get that your saving up for a teg
It's worse then my pictures show. There's a fairly bad blister on my hood from when my rad exploded sending hot coolant everywhere. I do like the car but I want a clean shell I start from scratch with

R13

The other asshole
Wait no one said anything about it being a civic? lol Fuck it, If you like it that's all that matters, Looks good so far, good luck in the future

treeafodo

Austin
Wait no one said anything about it being a civic? lol
People love me haha

It's been a long time I lost interest for a bit now I'm just doing little things to keep me busy. Well see where that takes me. I'd like to do an A/C delete and pick away with a wire tuck. Clean the bay up more and see if there's anything I can do to help the paint. What's stopping me from putting money into this car is the quarter panel rust that is getting worse.

The paint isn't bad other then the few spots.

The problem areas:
Roof-by the back window

Then my rad blew one day and sprayed hot coolant on the hood so there's a nice blister.

Then the 1/4 panels