Trunk light stays on

covert_Con

Senior Ricer
Hey guys, I had to replace my hatch a month or so ago, made sure everything was wired up and bolted in properly, double checked. Trunk light stays on, it's for sure closed all the way, there is no extra wind noise. Any ideas?

Sent from my iDevice using Tapatalk

suspendedHatch

Legalize Illegal Aliens
Isn't there like a sensor or switch in the latch?
Yeah, and a single wire coming out of it that controls the cluster warning light and will switch on the trunk light when it is in the on position.

Does the light go out when you turn the switch off?

Is the cluster warning light always on when the key is on?

It's a pretty short wire going from the light to the latch. There's not a lot of opportunity for something to go wrong. When that wire is grounded, the light will come on. The latch will ground it when the trunk is open. Check the wire and find out why it's always grounded. My guess is something is wrong on the latch.

covert_Con

Senior Ricer
Yeah, and a single wire coming out of it that controls the cluster warning light and will switch on the trunk light when it is in the on position.

Does the light go out when you turn the switch off?

Is the cluster warning light always on when the key is on?

It's a pretty short wire going from the light to the latch. There's not a lot of opportunity for something to go wrong. When that wire is grounded, the light will come on. The latch will ground it when the trunk is open. Check the wire and find out why it's always grounded. My guess is something is wrong on the latch.
The light is always on. I'll check the wire tomorrow, thanks man!