Tryin to decide how much to drop and best way of doing so????

arielloza

Hey guys,

I am planning on dropping my 95 LS its dropped on heated coils which i did terribly did when i was 18. Lesson learned! I am trying to figure out a few things; and if anyone can help me out with a few photos it would be great.
* What is the pictured difference in drops from 1.5-2.0-2.5 ETC.
* What is the most reasonably priced springs or coil/strut combo?
* I get discounted parts at autozone, would buying a set of springs new and then just using bilstein strut/shocks be a good choice?
* And i really have NO market knowledge on what vendors or manufactures are better for springs/ struts etc.
* Car makes squeaking when going over bumps, should i replace all bushings?

if you could point me in the right direction that would be great, as well as photos! Thank you.

-Ariel

ill be putting pics of the look on the car below. ill be looking forward to the input! thanks again.

covert_Con

Senior Ricer
Function & Form is the cheapest for quality.
x2. Even the Type 2s are good even though they are a little more expensive. But since your looking for springs, look at Eibach. Their pro-kit is pretty good. Gives about 1.5 inch drop but handles amazing.

The4nGuy

Function & Form is the cheapest for quality.
x3 Function and Form are best bang for thier buck for DD. Type 2 has adjustable, that pretty much the difference between type 1 and 2.

sparkys13

I like the tuna here
Yeah i have eibach pro kit springs on tokico hp shocks and it rides stick and gives it a good drop.
Im selling this set up if your interested?

arturo_dc4

well it all just depends what you wanna do with your car. if your just cruising around and into the show scene slam it about 3 in! but if you wanna keep it a little functional dont go lower than 2 in. also if you wanna save some money just go with a spring and strut combo with a sleeve so you can adjust the ride height!

arielloza

@ Spanky- Send me details via PM. Cost, pics. etc.

@ Arturo - I am really just trying to make it a comfy DD. I use it for College its about a 20 mile drive each way.. i just dislike squeaky suspension and having to shred my tires.. im burning through tires..

@ EVERYONE- anyone have solutions for the rest of my questions?

j13

Keep It Clean
slam it on fully adjustable coilovers, when you're done cruising for the week, raise it up, stiffen it up, hit up the canyons.

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
As someone who retails, your best bet is going to be coilovers. Way too many issues with lowering springs.

sparkys13

I like the tuna here
@ Spanky- Send me details via PM. Cost, pics. etc.

@ Arturo - I am really just trying to make it a comfy DD. I use it for College its about a 20 mile drive each way.. i just dislike squeaky suspension and having to shred my tires.. im burning through tires..

@ EVERYONE- anyone have solutions for the rest of my questions?
My setup is ideal, i get a good drop and dont have to worry about camber on my tires.
plus i have to drive it to school

NeroCB7

Honda Lover
i have my set up all the way lowered id suggest coilovers so you can adjust ride height when you need so

arielloza

Coilovers would be lovely, but i am on a fixed income. its College budget here... I payed tuition yesterday and im looking for something that wont leave me eating cup noodles... 800 bucks for coilovers arent my cup of joe. plus my car has been stolen 1 time.. i dont think i would like that temptation resting in the parking lot.

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
Coilovers would be lovely, but i am on a fixed income. its College budget here... I payed tuition yesterday and im looking for something that wont leave me eating cup noodles... 800 bucks for coilovers arent my cup of joe. plus my car has been stolen 1 time.. i dont think i would like that temptation resting in the parking lot.
A reliable-ish set of springs and struts are gonna cost you 500 or so. Yonaka spec 1 coilovers are about 600, tein basis are about 650..