Trying to do something to my LS

nizzbomb69

I've had an LS for 2 years now, and I've just started getting interested in cars. I know little to nothing about them, except for a few very basic things, but non the less I still want to sup it up a lil. If i'm not mistaken LS had the most torque..idk where i heard it, but i'd like to think it's true :)
I was thinking of putting an air intake (can't decide whether or not to make it a cold air or just a regular), a header, new exhaust system(i don't want it to sound like a fast can), and possibly a turbo in the future. I'm not really looking to put more than $3,000 into the car, because the person who had the car before me ran the shit out of it, neglected the oil, and used the fuck out of the E-brake(probably drifting like a dumbass). It needs some work, but I love it.
It seems like it has a loooot of power for it being a 1.6 litter. Any ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Also, just a side note, I'm planning on taking a mechanics class in college 4 months from now, so I'm assuming I'll learn a lot there....?

thanks

Teggy64

Got vtec?
Go with a short ram unless u live in a dry climate. As for an exhaust if u want something that looks nice and sounds nice get an apexi ws2.

purpl3ran93r

I've had an LS for 2 years now, and I've just started getting interested in cars. I know little to nothing about them, except for a few very basic things, but non the less I still want to sup it up a lil. If i'm not mistaken LS had the most torque..idk where i heard it, but i'd like to think it's true :)
I was thinking of putting an air intake (can't decide whether or not to make it a cold air or just a regular), a header, new exhaust system(i don't want it to sound like a fast can), and possibly a turbo in the future. I'm not really looking to put more than $3,000 into the car, because the person who had the car before me ran the s*** out of it, neglected the oil, and used the f*** out of the E-brake(probably drifting like a dumbass). It needs some work, but I love it.
It seems like it has a loooot of power for it being a 1.6 litter. Any ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Also, just a side note, I'm planning on taking a mechanics class in college 4 months from now, so I'm assuming I'll learn a lot there....?

thanks
well if you only want to spend 3,000 dollars the plans for a RELIABLE turbo
setup isnt gonna be easy you best bet would to do the maintenance and just swap a GSR motor in and the rest (if you have any) can just go to make you car pretty

ben h

Banned
I was thinking of putting an air intake (can't decide whether or not to make it a cold air or just a regular), a header, new exhaust system(i don't want it to sound like a fast can), and possibly a turbo in the future. I'm not really looking to put more than $3,000 into the car, because the person who had the car before me ran the s*** out of it, neglected the oil, and used the f*** out of the E-brake(probably drifting like a dumbass). It needs some work, but I love it.

thanks
um wat engine is in it?

afroman18

"Gap Sissy"
1.6 liter hmmm i coulda sworn that my LS had a 1.8 lol ws2 is a bit on the pricey side yonaka makes a duplicate of it that im thinking of getting cause money isnt something that comes in large amounts to me lol its about 200-300 cheaper

njhustler

Ive considered yonaka but they dont make it for the gsr. For the op take the 3k and fix up the car maint wise then get a gsr head for it. It really depends on what you want.

Teggy64

Got vtec?
Ive considered yonaka but they dont make it for the gsr. For the op take the 3k and fix up the car maint wise then get a gsr head for it. It really depends on what you want.
No. If the op knows little about cars, do a whole swap. LS/vtec is very unreliable if not properly tuned and matinanced.