Trying to keep it in the Acura family

ewall09

I was just testing the waters and Lookin for a possible trade and after about 300 declines on turbo civics I got a guy with a 96 CL turbo

This is what the guy sent me
Mods :
F22b 50 trim turbo
It also has RC 440 injectors, 255 walbro pump, turbosmart wastgate with 14lb spring, sequential bov, glowshift gauges. I'm still trying to get my downpipe finished, it's running open dump but sounds awesome, not even loud. It's also on a base map tune.
Also i have kyb agxs with megan coil sleeves. Has a kenwood head unit and speakers.

Idk what to do ...

Im goin Tuesday the 14th to look at it

ewall09

94 GSR
FRESH paint
All black leather interior swap
Dcsports header
Thermal exaust no cat
Short ram intake
HnR springs
Camber kit
Gsr fat fives with wide ass kuhmo tires
Kenwood system with 12's
Shaved side moldings, de-badged
And more little shut I can't think of right now

mirrorimg

Its on a basemap, it hasnt been tuned.

There may be some internal damage on the motor for running it without a tune. If there isnt, then expect to pay $400 for a tune, more depending on what engine management you go with.

This is a car I would stay away from. Corners were cut and the car probably was beat on. I would not personally consider this a "reliable" vehicle for the "its on a basemap" comment.

He also took off the power steering pump belt...

heykosal

Angkorian
That car looks pretty decent. Is that a paint job? I mean like did the guy get the car painted that "flat glossy black?" Or is that primer, or a really crappy job and I just can't tell on the screen? The staggered wheels look good too, although it's function is ass-backwards.

But don't get caught up or "sucked into" this car because of what it looks like and has done to it. You don't know who did the work, or if it was done properly and professionally. I'd personally NEVER buy an already modified car because of those reasons. You could very well be buying into someone else's headache.
Do you know exactly why he wants to sell that car? Because honestly, he could be having too many problems with it. Remember, it's aftermarket turbocharged so there could be a million different things that could be wrong with it.

Like what exactly is a "sequential BOV?" Does he mean an HKS SSQV? Because that BOV in the picture is certainly not an SSQV..so.....?

Especially that it's running on a base map? Not a proper tune for this engine/parts set-up? That's half-assed and irresponsible. For that reason alone I say no-go on this car.

I mean think about it, everyone with a turbo Civic declined your trade offer, but this guy is willing?

And don't forget whether it's a Civic with intake and exhaust or a car like this one, people who modify their cars usually beat on them at some point or another. Maybe even on a daily basis, you can't know. So you don't know how this car was taken care off or how well. He could've gone many thousands of miles without even changing the engine oil, for all you know!

heykosal

Angkorian
So on an unrelated topic, so the F22B's out of that generation Accord/CL are SOHC?

Jack Rot

my opinion, keep the integra, pre-boosted cars with no track of paperwork etc...is a headache, trust me, it happend to me. build your engine, 2k, then later on boost, and youre set.

i mean come on.....if his car was running fine would you wanna trade? if you had your gsr boosted and built would you wanna trade? go with your gut feeling....

ewall09

Well my engine is on 236,000 miles lmao I prob shouldn't boost it lol.
And Fags with turbo civics were begging to trade me but I WILL NEVER OWN A CIVIC !!!
Btw if u seen my other post about the 240 this is that assholes friend and those retards boosted it
Just Waitin to blow the shit out of the c1 because my buddy totaled his teg with a b18c5 and it's gettin a new home.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
ewall09 said:
I'm still trying to get my downpipe finished, it's running open dump but sounds awesome, not even loud.
I find this hard to believe. He's running open downpipe and open dump and he things it's not loud AND sounds awesome? Doubtful.

Like what exactly is a "sequential BOV?" Does he mean an HKS SSQV? Because that BOV in the picture is certainly not an SSQV..so.....?
In this case it means knock-off Greddy/Ebay special.

heykosal

Angkorian
Well my engine is on 236,000 miles lmao I prob shouldn't boost it lol.
And Fags with turbo civics were begging to trade me but I WILL NEVER OWN A CIVIC !!!
Btw if u seen my other post about the 240 this is that assholes friend and those retards boosted it
Just Waitin to blow the shit out of the c1 because my buddy totaled his teg with a b18c5 and it's gettin a new home.
:smackself:
I find this hard to believe. He's running open downpipe and open dump and he things it's not loud AND sounds awesome? Doubtful.
That's exactly what I was thinking when I read that part.
In this case it means knock-off Greddy/Ebay special.
Exactly.

heykosal

Angkorian
Another thing about a CL is that the aftermarket support for that car is pretty limited.

What exactly do you have against Civics anyways? You do know that they're part of the family..

ewall09

Way too many and everybody who has one thinks they have a race car just like mustangs.
A civic to me is like a Handjob you really wouldn't mind one but if your gettin some head or more then why settle lmao
Civic < Blowjob haha