Trying to make LS Counteroffer

ISMELLBACON!

ISmellBacon!
So I used to own a 2000 GSR until some guy thought it would be cool to run a redlight and tbone me. Long story short, that car is totaled. So I've been browsing Craigsilst and I found this Gem. '94 Ls with 109,000 miles.

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/ctd/1622964674.html

They're asking $4,500. The KBB is at about $3670 adjusted for mileage. From what I can see the car is in good condition. Do you guys know if asking 3,500 is lowballing it? I'm just trying to get a feel for what I can really get this teg for.

Thanks,
Chase

originallao

Future Teggy Owner
Well this is really clean, and I think that $3500 is a really god price. I think you should try to negotiate a price with them first and see what they think.

mirrorimg

It looks really nice.

I think the price will be pretty firm. It is not a private seller, it is a small used car dealership that is using free advertising through craigslist. They do not leave nearly as much leeway for you to haggle the price down.

I doubt they will even entertain a $3500 offer. Thats probably about what they paid to get the car.

ISMELLBACON!

ISmellBacon!
^That's what i figured. If I can knock that down to $4000 i think i'll be satisfied.

blaketeg

I <3 Boost
noo dont buy from a dealership, they overprice their cars, look for a private seller imo

i bought my 99 with 106k on it, boosted, over 8 grand in mods for 5 grand off a guy on my local craigslist

im sure you can find a way better deal

dc2darkness

no 3500 def not lowballin it. 4500 a bit much for a 94 but then again I paid that much for my 94 but not very many up in upstate NY without ashit load of rust. you could always offer it and if they don't take it leave your name and number just incase they can't find a buyer or change there mind.

WAR 178

Premium User
4500 for a 94.....lol
dealerships suck with offers...keep looking you will find a better sounding deal overall!
just be alil patient bro... you will really find a reasonable deal (private seller, negotiate)

WAR 178

Premium User
oh yea, that dealership paid NO MORE than 2k for that acura...
Unless its a certified acura on a lot(trade-in)
g/l

TheRage

That guy.
I would pay 4.5k Just for the sheer fact of my location,but thats just me.

But for you,I'd suggest 4k offer or no deal.

95project_GS-R

if you plan on putting your old gs-r into it i say try to go as low as yu can, but ppl dont like budging on prices do they. i would say 3500 is a perfect pric. for a 94 this clean cuz after all it is 16 years old

dc2darkness

mine was a 1 owner carfax certified bought at the local acura dealership and traded back into the same dealership. Garage kept entire life and religiously kept up with maintainance all with records. Thats the only reason I paid as much as I did and it was very clean inside and out.