Tune up at 212000 miles

camopaint0707

What are some things to check at 212000 miles for a tune up? I replaced the plugs which actually probably didn't need replacing but I did anyway just to be safe. Replaced the fuel filter. About to change the brakes. What are some other things to get checked out and replaced with this many miles? I have a few suspension things damaged but no engine issues to my knowledge.

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
That runs 500-700 around here for timing belt/water pump and all. If you're decently mechanical you can do it yourself. Make sure your gaskets are in good shape, valve cover, cam seals, etc. Also, check the injectors and all to make sure they're firing, but it sounds like you're okay with that.

2kdb7

Cap and rotor, new wires, fuel filter, air filter spark plugs, timing belt, tensioner water pump, all belts I bled the clutch and brake likes at 150xxx. And if you have a ls Im pretty sure the valve adjustment is .003 to .005 on intake and .006 to .008 on exhaust

Last edited:

camopaint0707

Car isn't running bad at all. Just doing some preventive maintenance things. Just replaced the fuel filter and plugs. Not worried about the air filter. Distributor and spark plug wires are fine. The timing chain thing I might get checked. I do have new brake pads to put on but then again the brakes on it right now seem fine.

2kdb7

Are you just changing the pads or are you doing rotors also. make sure the rotors are still in spec and not warped or it's a waste of money to just throw new pads on bad rotors . And it's a good idea to check the valves at that many miles you will probally have a few that are off a bit it'll help your mpg