Tuning instead of bolt-on's

importtunerman

importtunerman
i got a 1990 ls 4 door and was wondering if there is anything i can do to get more power without buying bolt ons, like any type of tunning and what not?

blaketeg

I <3 Boost
i got a 1990 ls 4 door and was wondering if there is anything i can do to get more power without buying bolt ons, like any type of tunning and what not?
phearable.net makes chpped ecu's and they claim it will give you a hp gain...ive used them to make my basemap for my turbo and they have very good customer service and prices...i would check them out

Not really. The performance you'll gain by tuning with stock parts is minimal if anything. You pay to play. get used to it, accept it.

heykosal

Angkorian
You might gain a couple of ponies messing with the timing. But it's not really worth it. If you don't want to break into the motor, just do the usual I/H/E and then tune.

bfatdaintegra

IM motorvated
My integra has dc 1 piece header, strait pipe,cold air and the day i got it tuned it felt like a different car but its true u need bolt ons first then tune...trust me its worth it i made 30 more horsepower just with tuning and they used crome

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
My integra has dc 1 piece header, strait pipe,cold air and the day i got it tuned it felt like a different car but its true u need bolt ons first then tune...I made 30 more horsepower just with tuning and they used crome
I gotta call BS on that.

importtunerman

importtunerman
ya i think i will just get some bolt ons then tune i really wanna build a ls/vtec one day though

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
You said you got 30whp just from tuning, you didn't say you got 30whp from your intake and header and test pipe and exhaust and tuning combined. Which is totally possible and not BS.
Looks like just a miscommunication, you need to type more clearly, lol.

bfatdaintegra

IM motorvated
i dont have the sheet anymore it got lost in a flood and no video..i dropped it off before work and picked it up after work a lil place called all about speed in milwaukee did it about a year ago and it was like a whole new car when i picked it up