Turbo Exhaust

H8BOOST

Ok i need help, i don't know what kind of exhaust to get for my turbo build. I have the ls vtec fully built set up. peak boost kit. I keep reading about how most people are doing custom piping or getting this thermal exhaust. Not to keen on that. i have looked up HKS that was a fail. Apexi makes a turbo style muffler but no full sytems. Greddy is a negative. Any suggestions?

H8BOOST

yeah trying to go full 3inch but i cant find shit

Coney

Spacely
do it up custom 3 inch man it will prob be cheaper.
Thermal R & D Makes a 3 inch Integra turbo catback
orrr... theres always ebay aswell

Stopsign32v

I would try a custom exhaust shop to maybe do it. A Magnaflow round muffler might sound good. I used to run them on my turbo Mustangs. Dynomax sells pretty much the same thing for cheaper.

redrocket

I went with the Greddy Evo 2, It's not any ware close to 3" it's 2.36" but it's exactly how I wanted to build the car. The exhaust is quiet for daily driving, when you get on it what you hear most is the waste gate. I also removed the Cat for a little more flow.

It depends on what your goals are, and also if you are running anything bigger than T3T4, I wouldn't recommend my setup.

H8BOOST

thanks for all the help guys. just shooting in the dark on this one but what about the HKS Hi power ti muffler and just custom piping. it seems that there is nothing on the market except that thermal junk and i am sure as hell not doing ebay lol.

Slo_Teggy

Slow Driver
I had the Yonaka exhaust on my car for a bit. The muffler is basically a large resonator. Exhaust goes straight out. That's what you want. Sure you can have 3" piping but as soon as it hits the muffler, it will have to loop around and create resistance (potentially, depending on the muffler). If you don't want a loud fart can sounding muffler, I would suggest the Yonaka one. It's loud but not that loud.

Also, don't have a cat. Cats+turbo=not good. Get that air out as fast as possible.

Stopsign32v

Here is another option and what I plan to do. Run a traditional exhaust so it sounds quiet while driving like the exhaust mentioned above and place an electric cut out on the downpipe for "be serious" time. Just my .02

Slo_Teggy

Slow Driver
I don't know how loose the laws are where you live but I know here, if you have an open down pipe, it's illegal. If you have your down pipe going into your exhaust, it's perfectly legal. I know the last thing I want to do is worry that I'm going to get pulled over all the time. That's part of the reason why I swapped my Skunk2 exhaust with the ITR exhaust.

H8BOOST

they are really not that bad...im not to worried about the noise i would just like to have something nice sounding. electronic cut out does seem like a good idea. open down pipe would sound nasty.. this thing is becoming a serious pain in the ass now lol. im def not running a cat. i wanna post a build thread but its my first integra build so its a work in progress i am sure some one will rag the hell out of it.