turbo gsr??

meghan-_-

ok guys, i need some help! i have a complete turbo kit, do i need to get a small civic radiator? i have heard many different things and i need advice :???: also, where can i get my ecu tuned in alabama or west GA??

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
I've heard of a few of the second gen people running civic half size multi core radiators, but I have a third gen so I'm not 100% on that. I believe Yonaka makes a dual core half size civic radiator, but I'll let some of the DA guys chime in!

meghan-_-

thanks :) thats what i was guessing! sux bc i literally just bought a new grs radiator! haha oh well

Prozon

Kris
What fits kind of depends on your turbo manifold.

I have a tubular manifold that allows power steering but not A/C, but I have to use a half radiator. I'm running a dual core half radiator from a vtec Del Sol. I know that the setups that do allow full size radiators are typically a little bit cramped.

Alabama Tuning Shops

Mobile Electronics and Performance
1811 Hargrove Road East
Tuscaloosa, Al 35405
205-554-1554

http://www.SpeedDreamz.com

Trackmasters
4628 Commercial Drive
Huntsville, AL 35816
256-539-0398

Georgia Tuning Shops

Mahdavi Motorsports
5395 Hwy. 29
LILBURN, GA 30047
770-923-1550

http://www.mahdavimotorsports.com

Main Stream Performance
260 International Pkwy.
Suite 128
Dallas, GA 30157
678-567-9384

CWF
Charles Wiggins
Bainbridge, GA
229-416-7503
wiggins_charles@yahoo.com
Second location at Brooks Speed. in Tifton Ga.

brooksspeed.com

JJSPEC RACING
626 Clinton Road
Macon, GA 31217-3693
478-621-5000

www.jjspec.com

Last edited:

meghan-_-

yea, i havent even bought a manifold yot bc of this reason. cant decide. i really like the ram horn manifolds, but the cast ones are smaller and i might be able to keep my radiator.. what size turbo do u have? how much boost are you running?

Prozon

Kris
You really shouldn't go for just the looks of it.

How much power do you plan to make? If your not planning to make over 300hp, a ramhorn would be a pretty big waste of money.
There's a lot to consider here if you ARE planning to make over 300hp.

I'm running a regular tubular manifold, not ramhorn, and running 10psi on a t3/t4 57 trim. I'm not going to go over 300hp. I assume i'm around 250hp, but i'm untuned for the moment and driving the car as little as I can until then.

Last edited:

AlexD

J13 sooo mad
tailor your build around your goals not looks.

for example, if you are building a car for road racing and want quick response, and dont care too much about peak numbers, getting a top mount manifold would be a waste of money. The same can be said if youre building a drag car that will be seeing high horsepower, torque, and a high redline. in this case an equal length manifold would be better than choosing a log style, or cast iron style manifold.

Do a little research and find out what you are primarily going to be using your car for, and build your car to suit those goals. Create a budget and go from there.

Half size radiators are not always needed, you can get away with full core rads depending on your manifold and turbo choice.