turbo help/suggestions

dateg88

Ok I am getting ready to Turbo my jdm b18c gsr spec motor. I have everything I need to do it minus the manifold and tuning my car. What I am wondering is what kind of manifold I should run and what I need to do to get my car ready to be tuned. I am going to be running 8 Psi on stock internals and a thicker head gasket with arp head studs to lower the compression a little bit. I was also wondering what I would be looking at as of HP gains. I will be running 450cc dam injectors. Any help and or suggestions that might help me benefit would be great. Thanks

hidenplanvew

1000000000 whp hahaha j/p on 8psi your looking about 200 to 300whp depending on the turbo you use because of the diffrent CFM's turbos flow your going to be limited by the 450 and the fact it has high compression

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
the compression lost form a thicker HG (3 later instead of 2) is so minuscule its retarded, they are mainly just used because they are stronger.

ARP head studs are good

and theres no way to predict your power off of a desired psi.
1: the power:psi ration differs with every motor and turbo
2: Psi is not what kills engines, excessive power is. So get a power goal in mind (i wouldn't recommended anything over 300 if you want it to last and be a DD).

you will need all turbo components, I'm not going to list them out.
a tunable ECU
and id upgrade the fuel pump

theres a lot of things I'm missing because i cant remember everything, research is key.