Turbo Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DA_Integra

Not White, Pearl White
O.k. I know nothing about turbo's! I researched it a little but didn't understand what I was reading lol. I want to build and turbo my b18a1 but am not really sure what all turbo parts I need to buy and sizes and brands and stuff like that. So I'm asking for help. I know it's better to build a kit from scratch then buy a complete kit so thats what I want to do just don't know what parts to get. Please help!

d16_turbo

you will need the following

-turbo
-exhaust manifold
-oil feed and return lines
-intercooler
-intercooler piping
-blow off valve
-wastegate
-fuel injectors
-chipped ecu
im probably forgetting something but thats all i can think of right now... also about how much power do you want to make

RoCKstArTEgGy

iv got a book that i bought called maximum boost that is bacially a turbo BIBLE, google it, it tells everything u need to know. ill seel it for $15 shipped if u want it, i decided not to do it, but dont start buying parts unitl you COMPLETELY understand what your getting into. I bought a buch of turbo parts for my cavalier but got in over my head and ended up loosing alot of money in the process. DO YOUR RESEARCH!!!

DA_Integra

Not White, Pearl White
you will need the following

-turbo
-exhaust manifold
-oil feed and return lines
-intercooler
-intercooler piping
-blow off valve
-wastegate
-fuel injectors
-chipped ecu
im probably forgetting something but thats all i can think of right now... also about how much power do you want to make
I'm looking to get 300-350 whp
Also what size stuff should I get like what the diff between t3/t4 turbos and others, and diff sized wastegates and all that other stuff. lol sorry I know nothing about turbo never had a car worth turbo until now lol.

d16_turbo

I'm looking to get 300-350 whp
Also what size stuff should I get like what the diff between t3/t4 turbos and others, and diff sized wastegates and all that other stuff. lol sorry I know nothing about turbo never had a car worth turbo until now lol.
a t3/t4 turbo is a hybrid turbo. It has a t3 turbine housing and turbine wheel and a t4 compressor housing and wheel.

a t3/t4 50 trim will make the power you want, and a 35mm wastegate will work fine also. I would go with 550cc fuel injectors too.

DA_Integra

Not White, Pearl White
a t3/t4 turbo is a hybrid turbo. It has a t3 turbine housing and turbine wheel and a t4 compressor housing and wheel.

a t3/t4 50 trim will make the power you want, and a 35mm wastegate will work fine also. I would go with 550cc fuel injectors too.
Cool thanks for the info!

jdm_mike19

it all depends on what u want i wanted a later spool around like 4200 so i bought a ar .70 intake side .58 exhuast side im just gonna order a bunch of scrap bent already piping and crap and cut and make it all fit u know, Tial wastegates are good! hkx SSQ bovs sound so sexii ^_^ but i mean u can get so much crap just searching around make sure cause i know u said u wanted like 400 ur not gonna get that on stock internals u know this right????? cause if not i wouldnt try and boost like 15psi on stock internals im only doing 7psi lookin for like 200hp tops just a fun DD so if u want the 400hp+ buy another b18a1 and build that bitch from ground up and then boost it Boost>vtec so hit me back if u wanna chat more

DA_Integra

Not White, Pearl White
it all depends on what u want i wanted a later spool around like 4200 so i bought a ar .70 intake side .58 exhuast side im just gonna order a bunch of scrap bent already piping and crap and cut and make it all fit u know, Tial wastegates are good! hkx SSQ bovs sound so sexii ^_^ but i mean u can get so much crap just searching around make sure cause i know u said u wanted like 400 ur not gonna get that on stock internals u know this right????? cause if not i wouldnt try and boost like 15psi on stock internals im only doing 7psi lookin for like 200hp tops just a fun DD so if u want the 400hp+ buy another b18a1 and build that bitch from ground up and then boost it Boost>vtec so hit me back if u wanna chat more
Yea I know I have to build internals already started getting cams and such still have lots more to buy.

heykosal

Angkorian
When I first started I had no knowledge about turbos either, but I was too afraid to just come on and ask.

So what I did was research research research.

spooledu24

doing research can't be said enough. also keep in mind your money needs to be spent in the right places. if you are looking for a every day driver than reliability is what u need to shoot for i.e. sleeving the block forged pistons and rods, arp bolts, upgraded valves,springs,oil pump so on and so on. I think for the money and reliability you should go with a supercharger, they dont get the big power #'s but it is a bolt on kit with everything u need and dont have to do internal mods. you are also at full boost when you hit the gas! and if its not fast enough then u can get a high boost kit. good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.