turbo kit help

teggyboi59

95teggy
Hey ci wat up. Well my future wifey is gonna give me a turbo kit as a gift so that in mind I wanted to start knowing how to tap oil pan turbo feed line how to get boost gauge hooked up and how to put a oil catch can for turbo all that stuff if u know any links or u have a turbo installed please help me out so that I can plan in advance to take as little time as possible to install...
thx in advanced no bad comments if u got non nice to say don't say non nd go to another thread thx again. "MO"

Teggykid952

Research A LOT. Don't buy full kits because most of the time there will be certain parts that will hinder your power. MAKE A GOAL. How far do you want to go? Be prepared to spend a couple grand on a reliable set up. And remember:

reliable, fast, cheap

You can only pick two. Check Team Integra's forced induction stickies. They are amazing

hgocasca

level 77 troll
Ya, boost that shit, I tried going all motor on one, takes way too much to make good power. Piece the kit together, my best advice.

teggyboi59

95teggy
Thx bro any advice on how to put the oil feedline nd tap oil pan nd hook up boost gauge??

Jvest

*GET SHOOK*
When u get the oil feed/return line kit it will have the fitting u need. Just drill a hole in the front of the pan near the top and weld the fitting in. Run your feed line from where your oil pressure switch is.
As for your boost gauge just hook the wires up to a power and ground and run the vacuum line to the back of your intake Mani..
As stated before all this can be found
Very easily with google in a lot greater detail with pictures....
My suggestion is just sit down and take the time to fully research what you are getting yourself into..
It's best to go with quality parts and do it right the first time. I hope you realize your going to need bigger injectors and a good tune also.
Personally I suggest an aftermarket fuel rail as well. due To needing more fuel VOLUME. Hope this helps

mjones73

When u get the oil feed/return line kit it will have the fitting u need. Just drill a hole in the front of the pan near the top and weld the fitting in. Run your feed line from where your oil pressure switch is.
As for your boost gauge just hook the wires up to a power and ground and run the vacuum line to the back of your intake Mani..
As stated before all this can be found
Very easily with google in a lot greater detail with pictures....
My suggestion is just sit down and take the time to fully research what you are getting yourself into..
It's best to go with quality parts and do it right the first time. I hope you realize your going to need bigger injectors and a good tune also.
Personally I suggest an aftermarket fuel rail as well. due To needing more fuel VOLUME. Hope this helps
The stock rail is good for approximately 400hp, can't hurt to upgrade it but it's not really needed, a better pump would be suggested though.

As everyone here will say, the tune is the most important part of any build. Find yourself a good tuner, find out what software they like to work with and get an ECU set up they can adjust.

Check out the Forced Induction section of the forum for lots of information.

Jabes

I'd do a compression test on the motor before you turbo it just to make sure its healthy and maybe do a new headgasket, get the head checked, replace the valve seals and put arp head studs in while your doing the headgasket. The stuff I said isn't really nessecary but it would help make the engine a little bit stronger to hold up to the boost.

AlexD

J13 sooo mad
^^ I agree here. make sure your stock motor is healthy enough to boost or youre just going to wreck something.

Vacuum blocks are a nice thing to have. You can tap into your brake booster line and install it, then run lines to your wastegate, boost gauge, etc.

Other than that, keep reading and researching. You owe it to yourself, your car, and anyone else thats going to be helping you while you drop hundreds of dollars on your car. At least make an effort to understand what youre doing.

teggyboi59

95teggy
I'd do a compression test on the motor before you turbo it just to make sure its healthy and maybe do a new headgasket, get the head checked, replace the valve seals and put arp head studs in while your doing the headgasket. The stuff I said isn't really nessecary but it would help make the engine a little bit stronger to hold up to the boost.
Thx for the info bro

teggyboi59

95teggy
^^ I agree here. make sure your stock motor is healthy enough to boost or youre just going to wreck something.

Vacuum blocks are a nice thing to have. You can tap into your brake booster line and install it, then run lines to your wastegate, boost gauge, etc.

Other than that, keep reading and researching. You owe it to yourself, your car, and anyone else thats going to be helping you while you drop hundreds of dollars on your car. At least make an effort to understand what youre doing.
Yea I get wat ur saying bro thx

00DC2TW

Dont forget to do ARP headstuds and a headgasket also.... OEM headgaskets will work just fine for your goals, and also might as well throw a timing belt and water pump on while you have the head off... You dont want to cheap out on anything, especially since it is your daily driver!