Turbo Kit!!!!

Accel.speed

basically, i like fast!
lol @ this "buy legit or it's going to break" idea....

I know multiple people that have been running ebay turbo kits for PLENTY of time... friend of mine is almost to 2 years on his kit.

If you're really that worried about it, IMO get everything, then go buy a rebuild kit from a reputable brand and just throw the hardware into the turbo. any "good" tuner should know what to get for you. A local guy rebuilds ebay shit with garret parts all the time. hella cheap, and I havent seen a single one come back to him, or heard of anyone upset about it.

Cheap builds are the way to go! I got a buddy who just boosted a teg with 700 bucks with a good tune and 3" exhaust. Hell, I bought and boosted a civic for 500 total. IMO if you're not trying to run 200+ hp, and you're not an idiot when it comes to putting your foot on the gas, there's absolutely nothing wrong with ebay kits.
Oh dude! :beer: !! thanks for the support man, lol they cant be all shit if people havent complained a shit load about them. Yeah im pretty much plannin on doing what ur buddy is doing! thanks bro! :D

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
-_- People have complained a shit-load about them, Google it. I've read claims of dudes running them with no problems, but every one of those people bought a decent manifold before the install and rebuilt the turbo after 6 months.

mirrorimg

Well I guess if you rebuild a cheap chinese turbo with quality parts then it isnt a cheap chinese turbo anymore is it. :what:

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
Well I guess if you rebuild a cheap chinese turbo with quality parts then it isnt a cheap chinese turbo anymore is it. :what:
:thumbs up exactly!

-_- People have complained a shit-load about them, Google it. I've read claims of dudes running them with no problems, but every one of those people bought a decent manifold before the install and rebuilt the turbo after 6 months.
every one of them, eh? I don't believe it.

Since when does the weld on the exhaust side of the system have much to do with how much youre boosting anyways?

And if you cant afford a new turbo, or even just the parts to put into the "shitty chinese" turbo you get with the deal, then you're probably jsut running a FMU and dont have the money to get the supporting pieces to have a reliable car anyways.

Basically as I tell anyone that's boosting a car, or doing much of anything aftermarket to their cars... be ready to spend some money. If you can't support at least 500 bucks on the spot to fix yo ride when something busts, then you should probably either find a better paying job, drop your phone bill, get rid of the girlfriend, or dump the hobbie. lol

99integie

cool, makes me wanna pick up an ebay turbo kit lmfao.... does anyone on this forum actualy have an ebay turbo or tried it atleast? there must be someone on this forum that has tried it..

btw you planning to install this turbo set up your self?

99integie

if all goes good with this ebay turbo kit and we get some pics and vids up of your turbo set up... ill definetly pick one up! keep us updated

GreenTeggy

My name is Ben
if you want a cheap kit i have one for sale its CXracing for the most part its best chinese crap you can buy its only missing one downpipe exhaust flange and a return line and something to tune check it out in my FS section! :D you should buy it! if you PM me we can work out a price ;)

GreenTeggy

My name is Ben
And honestly ebay turbo kits are okay for a starter kit to get most of the necessary parts but CXracing has actual somewhat of quality to there products just an FYI so for example if you were to buy and ebay turbo kit you would defiitely want to replace the turbo first off as soon as you get the money second would have to be the manifold or intercooler both are vital to any turbo set up. With chinese manifolds some crack and some dont its the luck of the draw. its always good to check all the welds before installing a kit anyway. Its the same with all chinese parts. Its all about how lucky you get. A guy on TI told me he's had his CXracing turbo kit on for 20k miles and its still doin fine. like i said luck of the draw. it also depends on your tune. if you can get a good tune do it! its well worth the money! and extra power you will gain but like i said check out my kit and maybe we can work somethin out!

99integie

if you want a cheap kit i have one for sale its CXracing for the most part its best chinese crap you can buy its only missing one downpipe exhaust flange and a return line and something to tune check it out in my FS section! :D you should buy it! if you PM me we can work out a price ;)
why are you selling the kit? is it used?

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Just beware that depending which ebay site you get the kit from can have different results. I would play it safe and get a cast manifold if I was dealing with ebay, the welds breaking is a common issue with the ebay manifolds.

I personally wouldn't use any ebay brand parts to boost my car, the intercoolers are usually fine. I found a Johnny Racecar FMIC though.

LSiNtegraDB7

I enjoy Integras.
My friend Travis is getting a new engine in the next month or so, so he figured he'd pick up an ebay turbo kit and not tune it because it doesnt matter if it messes up his current engine. The install went decent, alot of the piping had to be messed with to fit. He got it installed eventually, but without a BOV. Instead he drilled a hole so he would just loose boost instead of hurting the turbo. He did buy a BOV though, it was just in the mail and he was too excited. Since he wasn't going to get it tuned, he unplugged all the O2 sensors to make sure he wouldn't run lean. He ran it for a couple days and it actually made boost, just not a whole lot. He eventually installed a BOV, so now he's running it fully installed but without a tune. He said once the new engine comes he's going to install it right and get hondata. He just wanted to mess with it. Needless to say, the turbo held up :)

lol long story. Just saying sometimes you luck out and get a sturdy one.