Turbo Kit!!!!

Accel.speed

basically, i like fast!
haha hey thanks 99integie for postin a lot! yeah dude im definately going to buyy a turbo, but not soon. haha i get paid 7.40 an hour -.- at a halloween store so i dont make much. And im hopin ill get about 400 for my paycheck on halloween. So yeah ill save that and then whenever i can get another job (halloween store will close down after hallowwn lol) then ill be getting it after that. So maybe a month till i get it im hoping! But yeah dude once i get one (if i dont decide to buy the guy's who posted here), ok well no matter what ill post it! :D

Accel.speed

basically, i like fast!
cool, makes me wanna pick up an ebay turbo kit lmfao.... does anyone on this forum actualy have an ebay turbo or tried it atleast? there must be someone on this forum that has tried it..

btw you planning to install this turbo set up your self?
ugh well not by myself, im going to do it with my mechanic' friend lol. yeah he knows exactly how to do it hes like pro lol. Ill just see what i can learn

blaketeg

I <3 Boost
well ebay is basically luck

ive seen peoples turbo kits fail and some be succesful

i have a ebay turbo and intercooler and they have been working great

the only bad thing about those kits are the couplers usually always leak or crack but you can buy some good ones for a fairly cheap price

as for the manifolds cracking, ive never heard of this happening but i guess its possible but chances of that are slim to none

my buddy boosted his 240sx on a ebay kit and that was a year ago and its still works perfect

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
:thumbs up exactly!

every one of them, eh? I don't believe it.

Since when does the weld on the exhaust side of the system have much to do with how much youre boosting anyways?
It's the placement of the outlet on the manifold that can cause problems. If you look at those manifolds, you see how the outlet isn't placed in a symmetrical position in relation to the runners? That can cause boost creep among other problems that nobody wants to deal with.

Hey, if you or the OP wants buy an eBay turbo kit, go for it. I'm just pointing out the pitfalls. After buying a new manifold, having the turbo rebuilt, dealing with other problems that may arise (crappy oil feed lines for example), plus a tune - you may as well save yourself the headache and buy a decent turbo system from the start because you'd end up spending the same amount of money.

You may get lucky and get a kit that'll run fine, or you may not. Why take the risk for the sake of short-term cheapness?

Last edited:

raiderfan23897

dosent any1 realize that the only people dogging the ebay kits are the people buying the expensive stuff.I know it cant be the best kit because otherwise everyone would have them.but do you ever see any1 complain abuot the ebay kits that have ebay kits.probably not.any1 who knows there stuff knows a garrett turbo is the best.but ebay kits can also work well.i do agree that it can be a risk.its a risk/reward decision.not every1 has the funds.but im currently putting tgether an ebay kit and plan on peicing it with better parts in the future.ive done alot of reading and it seems only the manifolds are junk but everything else works out ok sometimes.by the way poster your body is perfect nice car man,get some rims on that thing some rota jmags or dr16s are pretty cheap my dude $417 shipped on ebay.

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
dosent any1 realize that the only people dogging the ebay kits are the people buying the expensive stuff.I know it cant be the best kit because otherwise everyone would have them.but do you ever see any1 complain abuot the ebay kits that have ebay kits.probably not.any1 who knows there stuff knows a garrett turbo is the best.but ebay kits can also work well.i do agree that it can be a risk.its a risk/reward decision.not every1 has the funds.but im currently putting tgether an ebay kit and plan on peicing it with better parts in the future.ive done alot of reading and it seems only the manifolds are junk but everything else works out ok sometimes.by the way poster your body is perfect nice car man,get some rims on that thing some rota jmags or dr16s are pretty cheap my dude $417 shipped on ebay.
I know people personally who have had problems with eBay turbo kits. Those of us who are 'dogging' the eBay turbo kits are doing so because we prefer to use quality, functional parts in the pursuit of performance. The manifolds are a major problem in many eBay kits, but the quality of all the materials used AS WELL as the turbos themselves often are failure points.

I don't know about you, but I'd rather not have a part that 'works out ok sometimes' on my car when I take it out to the track in 90 degree heat.

98IntegraNA

The kit i am getting from a friend was purchased from ebay. I am slowly learning stuff about it and what will be needed to make it more reliable but i will deffinatly be posting along the way. so in the next few months if you see a bunch of posts from me about how shitty the kit is feel free to use it as a learning experience and save for something reliable. when i finally ahve time to go pick the kit up i will see what it has and try and get you guys a link to the closest ebay kit so you can get an idea for what to look for in the event it turns out to be ok. I for one am praying that it works out but I am only paying a few hundred + some old rims i had laying around. If i was going to save for a kit i would save big and do it right.
on the flip side if this car was my only transportation I would probably listen more closly to all the "ebay turbos suck" comments but its not and will be my first chance at a project car which means i can learn along the way.
anyway sorry for the wall of text.

98IntegraNA

^^^I think i like this one the best though because it has the chrome or shinny manifold. But its more expensive and i'd rather not pay a lot of money. Like >700 i can deal with but more and i dont really want to. But i like the chrome so idk.
Btw dude when you say things like this you have to expect some serious criticism.

i have an ebay turbo. its not on, i just got the ecu chipped, im gonna find a tuner and have him play with the ecu and tell me if the chip i have is any good, then im gonna get that turbo thrown on and go back to the tuner and have him work his magic.. now granted mines an ebay turbo, it is not however an "ebay special cheap piece of shit" i see those cheap bastards on ebay all the time.. 500-700.. mine cost me 1500.. i wanted quality but i WASNT paying 4000 for it. so i broke and met quality half way if according to u guys. im not picking any side, im just saying im with u man, i got a turbo off of ebay knowing it was a risk, i have a 08 nissan sentra as my dd cuz this is my toy.. so if its junk, ill take it off and fix everything.. no big deal. but i do believe this turbo will do fine. sorry for this post being so long, im just stating that not all ebay turbos are the cheap junk... sum may be expensive junk.. but ill let everyone know once i find out. :thumbs up

the fact that that its not 700 i guess.. as i said previously, its not on yet so i cant tell u if its junk or not. i just figured if i spent a lil more money, i wouldnt have such a big chance of it being shit. i dont even know if the 700 setup is junk, i seen on a tuner mag that the cheap ebay turbos can be toyed with and can produce more whp than the most expensive turbos.. so i mean, the whole "ebay turbo=junk" referance is very biased. granted im sure there has been sum junk turbos sold on ebay, y does that classify ALL ebay turbos as junk?? that would be like a couple ppl giving bad advice on this forum and the rest of the integra community considering this site a forumn for bad advice.. just saying.

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
Ehhh I give up. You guys can justify it however you want. At the end of the day it's your car and your problem. I suggest you all read the FI write-ups in the FI forums as well as research ecu tuning and the basics of how a motor works. Good luck.