Turbo Kits?

se7en-mm

what is a good site to buy a kit frm?

i found this one at ADCANCEDJDMPARTS.COM i am asking here because i figured somebody would know what sites and kits are good to buy and from who.

which kit on that site would any of you all recomend ?? i would like to keep powersteering, but the A/C i dont care about at all i actualy want to get rid of it anyways.

i have a 91 RS

thanks

EDIT**

i was thinking the 2nd option

well i found another site xs-power.com that has some that allows me to keep ac and ps. what do you all think about this one HERE

so please let me know any info on kits and parts for the tegs.

thanks

Last edited:

heykosal

Angkorian
DON'T I repeat DO NOT purchase anything XS Power...HORRIBLE quality!

The first website looks legit, and most of those kits are quality. But I'm confused about where you got that URL/site name for the first link..its www.turbo-kits.com not..whatever it is you wrote? lol

What are your goals for your car? Is it going to be DD? What is your power level goals? You already said you don't care about A/C but you DO want to keep P/S correct?

Consider this, for less than the price as a good quality turbo kit, you can piece together your own custom kit with parts of your choosing that can be both fast and reliable.

Last edited:

se7en-mm

DON'T I repeat DO NOT purchase anything XS Power...HORRIBLE quality!

The first website looks legit, and most of those kits are quality. But I'm confused about where you got that URL/site name for the first link..its www.turbo-kits.com not..whatever it is you wrote? lol

What are your goals for your car? Is it going to be DD? What is your power level goals? You already said you don't care about A/C but you DO want to keep P/S correct?

Consider this, for less than the price as a good quality turbo kit, you can piece together your own custom kit with parts of your choosing that can be both fast and reliable.
> ok i will not buy anything from XS Power. and for the name of the site, i got confused i had about 6 different tabs open and opied the one i wanted and thought it was a different tab lol. thats my bad.

> my goals are to rebuild the top and bottum end, im just not finding any websites that are very easy to sort through and find the parts they kinda all just throw them together so it confuses me a little bit,

1.but i would like to get .020 or less oversized (im not sure how far i can go with these motors) forged pistons and rods.
2.not sure if i need a different crank or if the stock crank can hold up to high hp with a trubo?
3.will stock cams work with a turbo or is there a better cam out there for a turbo setup?

i am still researching what i need but i am not having much luck finding out what parts i need for a turbo upgrade.

>not realy a dd but one that i can still drive on the street to work, show off, have fun, and take to the track and be able to suprise people. so i guess its kind of a dd but not mainly.

>my hp goals are at least 400 with at least equal torque.

>and you are correct, i dont care about the a/c i just want to keep my p/s

>and you are probably right i could build my own kit for cheaper,

the only thing i am having difficulties with is finding a turbo manifold for the 91 teg, i know that cast iron is the best to use., but all i can find are ones on ebay that say all b series motors with vtech, as far as i know mine is not vtech. i think mine has the b18a1 i am new to the honda/acura series motors.

so please any advice about anything will be taken into deep thought on my end and greatly appreciated.

thanks to all,,

and a merry christmas.

Md426

> ok i will not buy anything from XS Power. and for the name of the site, i got confused i had about 6 different tabs open and opied the one i wanted and thought it was a different tab lol. thats my bad.

> my goals are to rebuild the top and bottum end, im just not finding any websites that are very easy to sort through and find the parts they kinda all just throw them together so it confuses me a little bit,

1.but i would like to get .020 or less oversized (im not sure how far i can go with these motors) forged pistons and rods.
2.not sure if i need a different crank or if the stock crank can hold up to high hp with a trubo?
3.will stock cams work with a turbo or is there a better cam out there for a turbo setup?

i am still researching what i need but i am not having much luck finding out what parts i need for a turbo upgrade.

>not realy a dd but one that i can still drive on the street to work, show off, have fun, and take to the track and be able to suprise people. so i guess its kind of a dd but not mainly.

And IIRC the B18C manifolds (vtec) will fit the B18A.

>my hp goals are at least 400 with at least equal torque.

>and you are correct, i dont care about the a/c i just want to keep my p/s

>and you are probably right i could build my own kit for cheaper,

the only thing i am having difficulties with is finding a turbo manifold for the 91 teg, i know that cast iron is the best to use., but all i can find are ones on ebay that say all b series motors with vtech, as far as i know mine is not vtech. i think mine has the b18a1 i am new to the honda/acura series motors.

so please any advice about anything will be taken into deep thought on my end and greatly appreciated.

thanks to all,,

and a merry christmas.
The stock crank can hold like 700hp, but if you want to change the stroke and stuff you need to change it. Getting the torque around the same as the hp is hard since it's a 4 cylinder, most power will be made in the Mid to high rev area.

se7en-mm

thank you for the info, i dont think im going to change the stroke though i will probably keep it how it is, ill just find some forged rods and pistons,

what is the stock compression ratio? is it 9:1? if so i would think it would be good for turbo. also if i can find some 8:1 pistons wouldnt that be better for turbo?

let me know if im wrong,

what about cams is there any upgrade or any upgrade in the toped that i should look for in a tubo setup.

also where can i find a realy good head gasket for running boost?

thanks all

Last edited:

Md426

thank you for the info, i dont think im going to change the stroke though i will probably keep it how it is, ill just find some forged rods and pistons,

what is the stock compression ratio? is it 9:1? if so i would think it would be good for turbo. also if i can find some 8:1 pistons wouldnt that be better for turbo?

let me know if im wrong,

what about cams is there any upgrade or any upgrade in the toped that i should look for in a tubo setup.

also where can i find a realy good head gasket for running boost?

thanks all
Stock is 9.2:1 I believe, 8:1 would allow you to use more boost with less chance of knock. I believe the lowest you can get is 8.5:1 But 9:1 should be fine.

Look at buddy club cams, they have different stages that you can use to better fit your setup.

Invest in some ARP studs if your going to boost, as far as head gasket goes, I honestly dont know. Check other people's builds and see what they are using.

Last edited:

se7en-mm

Stock is 9.2:1 I believe, 8:1 would allow you to use more boost with less chance of knock. I believe the lowest you can get is 8.5:1 But 9:1 should be fine.

Look at buddy club cams, they have different stages that you can use to better fit your setup.

Invest in some ARP studs if your going to boost, as far as head gasket goes, I honestly dont know. Check other people's builds and see what they are using.
ill look into the cams, i just wasnt sure if stock cams would hold up and i was wondering if i should upgrade the valve springs as well?

the ARP studs was one of the top things that came to my mind for getting stuff together.

ill keep trying to find out what head gaskets are good to use for boost.

if you have any other advice please let me know.

thanks again.

Md426

ill look into the cams, i just wasnt sure if stock cams would hold up and i was wondering if i should upgrade the valve springs as well?

the ARP studs was one of the top things that came to my mind for getting stuff together.

ill keep trying to find out what head gaskets are good to use for boost.

if you have any other advice please let me know.

thanks again.
I would definitely over haul the head. Get a valve job done, titanium retainers, maybe titanium valves, new springs. Adjustable cam gears would help a lot for tuning. I believe Skunk2 has some nice stuff, my buddy with an RSX rebuilt his head with all that.

heykosal

Angkorian
Take a look through some of these threads, lots of good turbo information..

Club Integra's Forced Induction FAQs

Pretty much everything you need to know, you can find in one of those links, including a turbo parts list if you want to piece together a kit of your own.

Good luck!

Last edited:

se7en-mm

I would definitely over haul the head. Get a valve job done, titanium retainers, maybe titanium valves, new springs. Adjustable cam gears would help a lot for tuning. I believe Skunk2 has some nice stuff, my buddy with an RSX rebuilt his head with all that.
yea i am going to overhaul the whole motor and completely rebuild it before adding the turbo to it, so its basicly a new engine.

Take a look through some of these threads, lots of good turbo information..

Club Integra's Forced Induction FAQs

Pretty much everything you need to know, you can find in one of those links, including a turbo parts list if you want to piece together a kit of your own.

Good luck!

thanks for that link it answered a lot of my questions i was trying to find out , but im still stuck trying to find a head gasket but ill keep looking and posting here to find out more

so i can go with either the tubular manifold or the cast iron mani, i always thought cast iron was good but everytime i find one it says vtec series only, and i dont think mine is a vtec. 91 teg rs hatch?

thanks again everyone for helping.

se7en-mm

Yours isn't vtec, btw Crower is very popular with cams too. I forgot thats the one I wanted to say.

http://www.crower.com/cat/import/honda/cams/b18ab.shtml

Cubby Club does more vtec cams.

Im pretty sure B18c (vtec) cast iron manifolds will fit other b18 series motors like the b18a
Wow thanks for that site, cheaper then other sites i have found and i think i would feel comfortable buying from them as well.

yea i would feel more comfortable with a cast iron mani then anything else, with pushing boost, maybe its just me though. im sure either one will work just as good.

i realy appreciate all the help i have been getting here, usualy people tell me to get lost lol.

thanks again

heykosal

Angkorian
Why do you say you feel more comfortable with cast iron? Cast iron manifolds are all of a log design and it is also possible to have a tubular log manifold. The main differences being the material used(obviously) and how they're made. Cast iron logs are just that, cast. Tubular manifolds are sections of stainless steel welded together.
Cast iron log manifolds can be stronger than their tubular counterpart but like all metal, they are still susceptable to cracking due to bad design or bad metal.
Log manifolds are simple, and work. But tubular manifolds came about because they can make more power, and be more efficient than logs. Tubular manifolds can be equal length, meaning that the pipes carrying exhaust gases into the turbine are the same length. I don't feel like getting into the details of why.
My point is, don't be afraid of tubular manifolds..especially if you want to reach your goal of 400whp.
Do a lot of research. And by research I mean reading up on things like that link I gave you, you'll find a lot of good information that will help you better make a good decision and part choices.

se7en-mm

i know this thread is about a month old. but i am trying to keep all my same questions that are related in the same topic instead of making new ones.

when i replace the radiator, when i boost my 91 can i use a stock radiator out of a 92+ civic? or does it need to be a performance civic radiator?

i tried searching but alot of my results cam up with lights, t-stats, hoses and stuff i didnt need.

thanks