turbo kits

codeman_11901

so pretty much, I plan to rebuild my b18a1 '92 integra GS. i have forged H-beam rods, nitrided and knife edged crank, wiseco 8.6:1 pistons, Brian Crower stainless steel valves and brian crower valve springs with titanium retainers.
now, with that said, i have looked at turbo kits online and i feel it is completely rediculous. 3,100 bucks for a name brand kit. so, i have made a little list of what parts i plan for the turbo kit and i just want to see what everyone thinks because i really dont know what i am doing here. i have a t3/t4 turbo, a stainless steel manifold with a wastegate flange, the piping kit that actually fits with the right bends, not that build it yourself BS. with all of that, my setup is at about 700-800 dollars. big difference there. but heres where i am hung up, should i go with a name brand blow off valve and wastegate or not? i know that they are vital pieces of equipment but i just want some advice. and what about engine management? what can i do? what cant i? anything will help. lemme know what works for everyone else. i am excited to make some horsepower but not at the expense of my engine.

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
As far as BOVs and wastegates go, I'd definitely NOT get ebay crap for the wastegate. Some ppl get away with ebay crap BOVs. I personally wouldn't risk it.

Engine management wise:

Chipped and tuned on Crome or some other good tuning program

Hondata

Standalone ecu wise AEM EMS is the safest bet be but there are plenty others out there.

Just search around the forums there's a lot of great info

edit: and stay away from piggybacks (like VAFC, emanage, etc.) if at all possible

codeman_11901

you guys are fast hah do you think that engine setup is ok? they have the s200 and s300. which do you suggest, and no facepalm man. lol

Last edited:

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
you guys are fast hah do you think that engine setup is ok? they have the s200 and s300. which do you suggest, and no facepalm man. lol
My facepalms are reserved for my homeboy baller :D jk jk

Yeah your setup is fine, just make sure your mani isn't some crappy ebay one with the inlet not centered on it.
Boost creep ftl.

I'd rock the s300. I don't even know if they make the s200 anymore :???:

codeman_11901

well thanks for that. and yes, i need to get a good mani, but is the ebay piping kit ok? i wouldnt think it would matter but from what i can tell everything matters with everything. forgive me, im new to this. i found a greddy BOV and a wastegate, bout 500 bucks for the both of them.

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
Lol baller.

ebay piping should be ok. If you start blowing the hoses off after you're boosting you'll know you gotta change some stuff up haha

codeman_11901

what size wastegate would you suggest? i want to test the waters with the engine but plan to try for 14-15psi. i figure 38mm would be too small