Turbo LS?

DC4twokone

Resident Hoodrat
Hey guys, so i found a greddy TD05 kit for my 2001 integra LS and i was wondering if it would work sufficiently and somewhat (seeing as it is a turbo) reliabley on a stock engine block. Do i need any kind of mandatory reinforcement? or should i be ok?

mirrorimg

Hey guys, so i found a greddy TD05 kit for my 2001 integra LS and i was wondering if it would work sufficiently and somewhat (seeing as it is a turbo) reliabley on a stock engine block. Do i need any kind of mandatory reinforcement? or should i be ok?
You would be fine with turbocharging a stock motor as long as the motor is healthy, (good compression and less than 10% leakdown), and you get it tuned properly.

mirrorimg

I believe the PSI you can run depends on which turbo you are using, but on a stock motor, I certainly wouldnt go into double digits.

blaketeg

I <3 Boost
I believe the PSI you can run depends on which turbo you are using, but on a stock motor, I certainly wouldnt go into double digits.
im sorry i ment to put on a t3/t4 turbo

if you go above 10 psi...you will have to upgrade your internals

google it and there is a ton of websites that tell you the highest amount of psi for the setup your using on the b18b1 motor.

DC4twokone

Resident Hoodrat
There also isnt a description for all the necessary pieces, but from what i can see it doesnt come with a BOV or wastegate. Should i buy greddy units? or would you recommend others?

blaketeg

I <3 Boost
no not all parts have to be greddy...you can mix brands...i have a emusa turbo,blitz bov,turbonetics wastegate,ebay intercooler

doesnt matter...just make sure you get it chipped and tuned

DC4twokone

Resident Hoodrat
Changed

Yeah of course you can mix, i was asking if there were any you'd reccommend.

Also: I decided not to run the kit and to kind of build one up myself with a T3/T04 .60 trim, neukin ramhorn, TiAL wastegate, and Turbo XS BOV. What kind of computer/turbo timer should i run to tune on?

blaketeg

I <3 Boost
Yeah of course you can mix, i was asking if there were any you'd reccommend.

Also: I decided not to run the kit and to kind of build one up myself with a T3/T04 .60 trim, neukin ramhorn, TiAL wastegate, and Turbo XS BOV. What kind of computer/turbo timer should i run to tune on?
oh my bad lol read your question wrong

i have a apexi turbotimer and its great and not difficult to install like others

and im about to get myne tuned with crome

hondata is the best but its more expensive but there both good

Get your ecu from phearable.net he'll make it compatible with whatever tuning software you want and i think a chipped ecu with a pre tune based on your mods is $175.00 pretty good deal if ya ask me. He also sells your MAP sensors and widebands and misc. for your typical turbo setup

mirrorimg

Do not buy a chipped ECU. Let the performance shop do all the tuning you need. Pre-chipped ECU's are hit or miss. I would not buy one and run it in my car, much less a boosted car.

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
phearable.net is pretty well revered from what I have heard. A lot of people recommend me to them, but I agree with mirrirorimg, I don't think I'd trust a pre-chipped ECU. I like that they have everything available to get your car tuned from their website, though. The best thing to do, take your car to a shop and have it tuned.

eg6ie

yea. i had a phearable ecu. its good to get you started. you have to consider emissions in your state if you have em. most tuning platforms require you to convert to obd1. if you convert, you'll fail emissions. otherwise you will have to use a piggyback like and emanage or the aem fic. if you're not looking for 300+ numbers, either of those will get the job done.

for the original ?. i'd agree w/ mirror. get a compression test. if alls good, ur good. if more than 10% deviance, get a leakdown.

i would not get a greddy kit tho. too much work to upgrade it. i had a greddy kit and tried upgrading it pc by pc. now i just have a totally diff setup. nothing greddy about it.