turbo or ls/vtec

B18TEG

BLACK DA
well guys and girls i got ahold of a g3 teggy, and i still have my g2 da! i bent a valve on the da and so its been sitting at home getting the best gas milage ever. lol. the g3 i got is a shell with full interior, so i can wait to get a gsr motor and do all the work to that to do an na application or vice versa and do a turbo setup. but for the da, which will be my daily driver, what do you guys think i should do. i can get a 99 ls head for about $200 and get a turbo kit w/ everything for like $700 do you think its better to do that and run low psi with a complete stock motor or build up the da ls/vtec which i have alot of the parts for already (and they didnt cost much new pistons, pins, rings, rod bolts, new head gasket, ect...) i await your response. granted i want one of each turbo and na.

jdmvtecboi

B18TEG said:
well guys and girls i got ahold of a g3 teggy, and i still have my g2 da! i bent a valve on the da and so its been sitting at home getting the best gas milage ever. lol. the g3 i got is a shell with full interior, so i can wait to get a gsr motor and do all the work to that to do an na application or vice versa and do a turbo setup. but for the da, which will be my daily driver, what do you guys think i should do. i can get a 99 ls head for about $200 and get a turbo kit w/ everything for like $700 do you think its better to do that and run low psi with a complete stock motor or build up the da ls/vtec which i have alot of the parts for already (and they didnt cost much new pistons, pins, rings, rod bolts, new head gasket, ect...) i await your response. granted i want one of each turbo and na.
well i was thinking of doing ls/vtec but they're not that reliable n say exspensive so i'd go with the turbo set up, But my opin.....

B18TEG

BLACK DA
thanks for moving the post mods. . .. any one else though opinions???? which car for what application

obd1kenobi

CI Transfomer God!
I'd do a custom turbo set up on the DA, since it will be easier to cheat emissions and stuff with it! Keep the DC as your clean DD!!

aLLmOtorKING

jdmvtecboi said:
well i was thinking of doing ls/vtec but they're not that reliable n say exspensive so i'd go with the turbo set up, But my opin.....
Just like any modified car, turbo or N/A, if it's built correctly, then it'll be reliable. My ls/vtec has been VERY reliable to me :). I've seen above 9k so many times without any hiccups and I have about 15kmiles on my motor and counting.
But driving a turbo car is a lot more fun than driving an allmotor car. There is no rush like boost. :twisted:

BTW 'jdmvtecboi', your white integra is hot. I like it...a lot

Last edited:

8urcivic

ONLY couches pull out!!!!
i vote ls turbo. turboing and vtec together , ive noticed they really dont last more than a year. my frined has a 98 ls turbo that has been boosted for about three years now. there very realiable with about 8lbs and a tune.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
I'm not a fan of making one mongrel engine out of two different engines...aka....ls/vtec. Boosting an LS in the 3rd gen. and putting the B18C1 in the DA would make for two very fun cars. Keep the badass all motor engine for the lighter car.