turbo questions that will help finish my da

jimmy_

DontTalkJustPoundGears
so i joined this club becuase ive gotten started on my first real build and im a noob. I have a 92 da ls and i need to get a couple questions answered.
1. how do i keep my ac when turboing ?? ( i have a half size radiator if that helps with a slim fan)
2. how would i pass emissions and inspection without paying someone more to pass it? ( i have been told they might not even hook it up for emission because of how old it is)
3. would i still be able to keep my power steering or does that depend on the down pipe its a 3 inch
4. for a 92 da ls what is the head stud size is it .81 since im buying some apr ones

djzachtyler

Looking for my next Teg..
if installing a trurbo you need to clearly do alot more research.

These cars aren't as easy as just slapping a turbo on and bossting to hell and back.

1) you need a cast log manifold - Issue with these is that the ones commonly available these days aren't efficiently made and have the flange mounted off 1 runner which well... google itlots of this is answered by google...
2) you will NOT pass emissions as far as I or anyone I know of can tell you there are NO smog legal turbo setups for the DA integra
3) same answer as #1
4) the head studs come in kits... there are 2 kits for the DA... one is the head studs ( compete set) and the other are the intake & exhaust studs. Google the part numbers I'm too lazy to do it for you.

meh fuck it

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=installing+a+turbo+on+a+DA+integra

Muckman

Not a M0derator
we shouldnt have to google for you.

1.) search for "AC compatible turbo manifold". There are MANY.
2.) how can we answer this if we don't even know what state you are in. How does your car get inspected NOW? Do they hook the exhaust up to a sniffer? Do they code scan your Ecu? Emission laws vary state by state.
3.) same as #1. Lots on the market.
4.) Did you go to arp's website? This should be easily discovered by any place that sells arp head studs.

jimmy_

DontTalkJustPoundGears
i live in virginia and and no sniffer in my area i know about the turbo manifold but i was just wondering if i could keep my ac without having to buy a ram turbo manifold

Muckman

Not a M0derator
OK then you want to look for a "log manifold" or sometimes called a "cast manifold". InlinePro makes one in SS. Lots of chinese copies of the old drag/revhard manifolds on ebay. There are a couple of manifold fabricators that make tube manifolds that are shorter than a full ram horn. You basically just have to search out manifold fabricators and look at the different types they offer. Almost all of them offer what you are looking for.