Turbo selection Help

MadTRacer

Going to do a custom Turbo kit for my b18c1. Been tossing the ideal of which turbocharger to use. So many options IHI, Comp, Garrett, Precision, Turbonetics, Borgwarner. I don’t want to spend a lot of money the turbocharger, however I do want to go with ball bearing. I would prefer Ceramic Ball Bearings. Would also like to do a billet compressor wheel.
A good friend just turbocharged his integra with one of these kPa Turbochargers. He went with the 2863 and its spools instantly and makes great hp. He has around 5000 miles on it and its been perfect. It also came with warranty and stainless gaskets. He paid around $800. Though that was a good deal for ceramic ball bearing with billet compressor wheel. I also have a lot of friends that have done the Precision and Garretts that work good too.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Precision-Turbo-T3-T25-48mm-Wheel-Dual-Ceramic-Ball-Bearing-rated-400hp-4828-/130838462833?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1e76948171&vxp=mtr
http://www.ebay.com/itm/kPa-Turbos-2863-Ceramic-Ball-Bearing-Turbocharger-Billet-Compressor-Wheel-Gt28-/290855847516?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item43b85c065c&vxp=mtr

Any input would be great before I drop $ on my purchase.

Muckman

Not a M0derator
Hmm you dont want to spend alot of money yet you want the most advanced features?

The Garrett GT28 line is bad ass for anything under 400hp. Garrett GT2860RS or a GT2863R which is a little bigger or a GT2871 which is the biggest. Actually I think there is a 2876 now but thats just retarded. They now offer the billet GTX wheel in the 28 series but thats way outside of your budget.

That kPA is a fake Garrett by the way. You aren't going to get a top of the line, advanced turbo for under a grand. Either pony up or drop your expectations and stop looking at eBay for real turbos.

Spawne32

Shut up baby, I know it!
Hmm you dont want to spend alot of money yet you want the most advanced features?

The Garrett GT28 line is bad ass for anything under 400hp. Garrett GT2860RS or a GT2863R which is a little bigger or a GT2871 which is the biggest. Actually I think there is a 2876 now but thats just retarded. They now offer the billet GTX wheel in the 28 series but thats way outside of your budget.

That kPA is a fake Garrett by the way. You aren't going to get a top of the line, advanced turbo for under a grand. Either pony up or drop your expectations and stop looking at eBay for real turbos.
*cough* precision, like the one im selling brand new in box for $555 bucks?

AlexD

J13 sooo mad
Brand new ball bearing precision with billet wheels for $555?

If youre not looking to spend a lot of money on a turbocharger, then I would reconsider the ball bearing aspect.

You can get billet wheel turbos from precision for about $900. If you want ball bearing and billet wheels, expect to pay a few hundred more.