turbo vs. supercharger

98_gsr

hey guys im just lookin for some opinions to help me make my decison. Im still saving so cost isnt an option right now. I do a lot of driving (Im a musician and I go to school 4 hours from where I live). My goal is about 230-300whp daily driven. so what do you guys think turbo or supercharger?

ltrain

the only thing sc's are good for is auto x...if your looking for power go turbo, u could only go so fast with a sc

Backwoodz Tuner

Yeah man say if you do the super charger route instead of boosting on a turbo, it'll give you a good taste of the need for speed bug to make you wished you turbo charged the bitch. You jus open yourself up to more options down the road if you turbo it.

Backwoodz Tuner

But then again a turboed motor will take a lot more fiddlin around with while the super charger is a more bolt on mod that once its installed your done, no more real adjusting or fiddling after all bolted on and tuned , so if you want the more easier straight forward route super charge

*01GSR*

I (v) JDM
driving that much and that far I think your question should be either
1. What should I do to this thing to get the most MPG out of it and either choice is going backwards. With gas prices what they are today I might try to go google "turning an integra into biodeisel or electric" Or 2. Figure out which kia a integra would be a gnarly down payment on. I'm not saying give up on tegs but for now with your situation and your school depending on your driving, don't do either.

jason_guy_yeah

.....with turbo, you have a inefeciency rate of 5-7 percent vs. 30 percent from a supercharger(supertine belt and forcing hot air in = more fuel). But, there's systems to deal with that too. But, of course you have lag unless you stay with a small t3 or similiar..ect..

end005

personally, and I"m not flaming your thread, but threads like these are remedial and repetitive. In all honesty, it comes down to you, your driving characterics,and lastly, personal preference.

There are pros and cons for both fi systems. There are so many debates about which is better--when in fact, the question you should be asking is "what do I want?" Its always nice getting others' opinions, but my suggestion is do some research alone about both systems, your lifestyle, driving style, assest your goals you have for your car and then come to a rational conclusion that best fits you and your car.

Agian, i'm not trying to flame this thread or rip on anyone, I just think that when it comes down to "turbo VS s/c" people should do some personal research about the system, you, your driving style, and your personal preference.

Either way, good luck with what you choose, but like one of the guys up there said, being your driving situation, save that extra money and use it towards gas, protecting your integra and save it for school.

Oh...and this is my first post on CI. I'm happy to be a part of the community.
________
Variable Universal Life Insurance Advice

Last edited: