Turn Signal(Relay?) Issues

Kenshinsgirl18

Hey guys. I just bought a 91 GS back in October. I finally have the money to work some of the bugs out of it, so here is goes:

I'm having issues with my turn signals at night. For some reason, when I have my headlights, tail lights and dash lights on at night and go to use a turn signal, my dash and tail lights will go out. I'm pretty sure it's either a short somewhere or a bad relay in the turn signal rod itself, but I just wanted to see if anyone else has ever experienced this issue and what they did to fix it.

Any input/advice will help. Thanks, guys! :p

EyeKhan

¡AY, CARAMBA!
Did you recently install a new headunit in your car? Usually, you'll hear of these symptoms after installing an aftermarket system. If not, it could be the dimmer switch gone bad. I don't know...just throwing out possibilities. I want you to test something. With the car off, press on the brake pedal. When pressed, does your dash light turn on? I'm just curious...Before you start buying replacement parts, have you checked your fuses? The only way to trace shorts, voltmeter. Use it before you do anything else! That's my only advice.

policyoftruth

my 92 does the same! someone told me that the switch just may need tightening, since fiddling with the switch usually turns the lights back on.

Phann

My car no turning signal worke I need help