Turn signal width

mirrorimg

I am trying to mount some 2nd gen signals into a gap on my front end in order to pass inspection. With my current setup I do not have signals but I do have side markers. I am trying to fit them on the outside of the headlights but need to know the overall width to see if they will even fit.

Can someone measure the overall width of one of the lights and let me know? Thanks.

mirrorimg

Any one want to run out to their car with a tape measure and give me a width? I ran across one on ebay that has a hand with the picture giving me reference. They look a lot bigger than I thought...

Zombiegurl81

HFF Beginner
Geez, boys! The ones for the early bumper 90-91 are 0.05 meters tall and 0.20 wide. Which is about 2 1/4 by 8 1/2. ( Sorry I checked my conversion was a bit off) I hope that helps out.

Last edited:

mirrorimg

Geez, boys! The ones for the early bumper 90-91 are 0.05 meters tall and 0.20 wide. Which is about 2 1/4 by 8 1/2. ( Sorry I checked my conversion was a bit off) I hope that helps out.
Perfect, thank you. The 90-91 was what I was eyeing.

A bit bigger than what I was expecting and may be a little too large for the opening I have :???: I may just have to scour the junkyard for a more suitable signal.

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
89-91 civic. they may be slimmer

Posted from my Microwave using Tapatalk

mirrorimg

Maybe try a 95 civic turn signal?
Are you referring to the corner light? I dont believe I have enough height for that, I'm shooting for a rectangular shape.
89-91 civic. they may be slimmer

Posted from my Microwave using Tapatalk
These do look close to the DA. They do look kind of wide though.

There are a couple suitable cars in the local junkyard, so I will bring my tape measure and give them a looksie, if theyre still there.