TWM Performance Stage 2 Short Shifter

goofygamer

Hey CI! I just installed my Short Shifter from Twm Performance. I used to have their short shift adapter on my 06 Civic Si and knew about their great quality and customer service so I decided to go with them again for my 1994 Integra GS-R short shifter. I wanted to go to Stage 2 because there was a shorter throw and it was the same price as Stage 1. Install was pretty much a breeze and TWM's short shifter felt solid and heavy! After the install, the gears did feel notchy and a little tough to get into compared to my stock shifter, but that all went away after I drained the little MTF I had left (seemed like the previous owner never changed it) and refilled it with GM Synchromesh. You can definitely tell a difference between this and the stock shifter. There is a more solid shift now and it makes driving much more enjoyable! Here are a couple pictures of the short shifter on my car!

Link to TWM Website: http://www.twmperformance.com/shortshifters/acurashortshifters/acuraintegrashortshifters.htm

Look at how short it is! I can rest my arm on the seats and still shift!

Last edited:

Theasian

With a short shifter your shifts are quicker which is good. But you will be out of gear and agenst the syncro ring of the next gear before the clutch is fully engauged. You should get a over side clutch master that will allow the clutch to disengauge quicker. Looks good though.

Also this will happen over a long period of time. Really a short shifter just accerates ring wear.

goofygamer

I see. Thanks for the info! I will keep that in mind when I come upon some extra cash. If I were to actually think of the long term cons every little aftermarket part can do to my car, there would be nothing but OEM parts on there lol. It's hard to want to make your car look nice, feel nice, drive nice, and maintain the great durability as OEM. You win some, you lose some.

Last edited: