Tyler's 91 DA9 Daily Driver

yoshi408

Well 5 speed swap is coming sooner then I thought. Auto trans took a crap when I was 2 hours away from home. Had to get my truck and trailer and tow it home.
In any gear it acts like its in neutral only moves after it sits for awhile and only moves about 1 miles then craps out again. Fluid was full and all.

Picked up 5 speed conversion parts today gonna start tearing my car apart tomorrow and hopefully be most of the way don't by Friday if not tomorrow
Good luck on your 5 speed swap, i just did the swap on my 91 DA as well, sounds kinda the same as what my tranny was doing. The pain in the ass part is going to be the pedals.

97tegkid

Good luck on your 5 speed swap, i just did the swap on my 91 DA as well, sounds kinda the same as what my tranny was doing. The pain in the ass part is going to be the pedals.
Thanks man I got most of it done today.

Everything is complete besides the pedals, drilling the hole for clutch cable, wiring reverse, and that's it that I believe

When you did yours did you leave the little slide piece in for the car to think its in park or wire the two together, and reverse was it as simple as just connecting to the other two wires?

yoshi408

I just remomoved the auto shifter then just connected and soldered the wires together. Havent got the reverse lights to work yet dunno if the switch is bad or just connected the wrong wires. And as for covering the holes just used a piece of sheet metal.

97tegkid

I just remomoved the auto shifter then just connected and soldered the wires together. Havent got the reverse lights to work yet dunno if the switch is bad or just connected the wrong wires. And as for covering the holes just used a piece of sheet metal.
Yea already covered holes, shift linkage all set up already. Just got pedals. I saw the slide part and that worked so far so I may not mess with soldering the wires exspecially sense I have no soldering gun.
Hopefully tomorrow ill get everything finished up and get some pictures up for you guys.

yoshi408

Yea already covered holes, shift linkage all set up already. Just got pedals. I saw the slide part and that worked so far so I may not mess with soldering the wires exspecially sense I have no soldering gun.
Hopefully tomorrow ill get everything finished up and get some pictures up for you guys.
If you want i can write you up a little how to for removing the pedals

97tegkid

Thatd be cool. Only parts im stuck on now is getting the duck work for the vents out of the way without destroying them like I did in the donor car.

That and how did you do your transmission mount. I just ordered the innovative one sense the mount I got it trash already anyways but I would slap it in there just so I can make sure it moves around and all good

yoshi408

Thatd be cool. Only parts im stuck on now is getting the duck work for the vents out of the way without destroying them like I did in the donor car.

That and how did you do your transmission mount. I just ordered the innovative one sense the mount I got it trash already anyways but I would slap it in there just so I can make sure it moves around and all good
Ok for the duct for the vents your going to want to push it in twards the door and it will slip inside the other duct, after you have done that just pull it down and out twards the center consol and it should come out, now for the pedals first you remove all the lines, it made it easier for me by removing throttle cable from the TB then pushing the cable in to the fire wall, next your going to want to remove the gas pedal, there is a codder pin holding it in, after you have done that remove TCU box that is near the fuse box that will no longer be needed. Now you remove all bolts and nuts holding the pedal assembly in place, after that is done go and pull out the brake booster from the firewall enough to where the bolts are almost out of the firewall, you might want to wedge something in-between so it doesnt slip back in while your pulling out the pedals, next once the pedal assembly is loose start pulling it out and turn it counter clockwise and it should slip out. Installation is the reverse of these intstructions.

If you run in to any problems pm me .

yoshi408

For the transmission mount i just used some big washers that i found at the hardware store along with some longerbolts

97tegkid

Yea I completely pulled the steering column out. Thanks about the duck work soon as I get that out of the way I think ill be good to go ill update this later today hopefully with some finished stuff

97tegkid

Well I have my 5 Speed 99% finished. I finally received my Innovative Auto to Manual Transmission mount today so tomorrow I will install that and be done.
Already did wiring which wasn't that bad.

Hardest part to me out of this whole thing was the pedals. Once I got those done it wasa breeze.

Pics up tomorrow for anyone following