Type-R exhaust on 95 GS-R?

mjones73

I noticed when looking at cat-back systems, I see different ones for the GS-R. Anyone know what the difference is? Also, will the Type-R exhaust and b-pipe bolt up to a GS-R with a stock manifold and cat?

mjones73

I'm trying to ID what the car has on it already too, looks like some kinda e-bay special but it does appear to be stainless though cheap stainless.

I'm looking to quiet it down some, this one sounds crappy to me. I got the car last month, haven't put any effort into cleaning it up cause I want to get rid of it.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
I noticed when looking at cat-back systems, I see different ones for the GS-R. Anyone know what the difference is? Also, will the Type-R exhaust and b-pipe bolt up to a GS-R with a stock manifold and cat?
The Type R cat back will not bolt straight up to the 94-99 GSR header and cat. The reason is because the 94-99 GSR has a shorter header, shorter cat and longer b-pipe than all other Integras.

To make a DC2 ITR catback fit a 94-99 DC2 GSR, you will need add a 4.5" extension to the ITR b-pipe to make up for the shorter length. Or install a header and cat for/from an LS, 00-01 GSR or ITR.

mjones73

Thanks for the info. The extension would be the cheaper route for now. :)

mjones73

Actually a b-pipe from a GSR and the Type-R muffler would be an option too then right? the performance would be hurt a little though I would think. I saw someone near me is parting out a wrecked 95, I may be able to get the b-pipe cheap.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Actually a b-pipe from a GSR and the Type-R muffler would be an option too then right? the performance would be hurt a little though I would think. I saw someone near me is parting out a wrecked 95, I may be able to get the b-pipe cheap.
Yes, that would work as well. The axle backs should be the same lengths. But the ITR b-pipe is slightly more free flowing...you could probably had a muffler shop make you up a simple extension for cheap though.

mjones73

Thanks again, I found a possible good deal on the b-pipe and muffler, I'm 36 with two kids, I don't need a super loud car, I like to be a little more stealthy anyway.