Type R questions!

milano_red

I found a NHBP right around the corner from my area tonight, and I'm going to take a look at it tomorrow. What should I look out for? How exactly can I make sure?

Sent from my EVO 3D using Tapatalk

DARKNGL

Amigo del Wraith
X2 ^^^^^^^

The VIN should have this to be a Type R: ...... J,H,4, DC2 - ( 2 door B18C ) , 3 - ( 2 door 5spd ) , 1 - ( Type R ), .........

rnhib25

ricer all day
type R doesnt come with NHBP its comes Starlight black/ FBP

i think idk

DARKNGL

Amigo del Wraith
Oh shoot your right. I totally didn't read the NHBP LOL. Unless it was resprayed?

" All Integra Type R's Imported to the US for 1997 - 1998 were offered only in Championship White. This color was developed exclusively for Honda's Formula One race cars in the early 1960s and is applied on the Type R to commemorate the company's first-ever Formula One victory- Richie Ginther's first-place finish in the 1965 Mexican Grand Prix.

After a one year hiatus in 1999 the Type R's were imported again for the 2000 and 2001 model year. The two exclusive body colors for these years included Phenix Yellow and Flamenco Pearl Black. Champion White was no longer available for the last two years of production. "

milano_red, here is a link to tell you what's what on the ITR.

http://www.itrsport.com/technical.html

milano_red

Thanks fellas, I just assumed it was NHBP lol. The ad doesn't say it. I will find out more tomorrow.

Here's the ad

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/cto/2682903213.html

DARKNGL

Amigo del Wraith
Ah ok, no thats Black. That's a good price for a clean title ITR. Ask if it is a Salvage Title ITR if it matters to you. Anyways, good looking and clean. No mention of what year or PN... GL.

Last edited:

milano_red

Ah ok, no thats Black. That's a good price for a clean title ITR. Ask if it is a Salvage Title ITR if it matters to you. Anyways, good looking and clean. No mention of what year or PN... GL.
Yea i know! But luckily he only lives about 15 min from my house. I'm gonna check it out in a couple hours

milano_red

So I just looked at the car, and its a real type r, did even let me take it for a spin :shock: I'm gonna try and work something out with the bank this week. I really want it now!

milano_red

And another question I have, how many itr's did they make in 2000? I have searched everywhere and I cant seem to find anything. This one is 369 of ??

Black teg

Catch me if you can
Look at the rear control arms as they are different, as well as the bolt patteren on the rims. They will be 4x114.3 or 5x 114.3. Check the vin for sure, but also make sure its not a GSR with a ITR engine as the GSR is also a DC2

ITR's also have a factory rear lower tie bar and trunk floor bar and front upper strut bar, as well as bigger brakes.