type r sway bar ?'s

1stgsr

Grocery Getter
just had a few ?'s bout installing the rear type r sway bar in my db8. ive done a couple of google searches and it helped but like most of the time its better to talk to someone that has already done it.....anyway, do you need any kind of a conversion kit or what not for the larger 22mm bar? i wld assume u wld but like i said first time on this for me. and the other thing, ive just put on the blox lca's and megan racing tie bar, do you think there wld ne clerance issues?

thanx guys

mirrorimg

It will bolt right up. You will need to reinforce the subframe with a subframe brace, made by ASR and Beaks. The ITR is reinforced from the factory to prevent subframe tear out in hard corners, but the other Integra models did not, which is why an aftermarket brace is needed. A tie-bar combo in conjunction with a subframe brace will help protect from this even more, i believe.

Though this is not an integra's subframe, you do not want something similar to this happening.

Last edited:

1stgsr

Grocery Getter
damn that sux!!! does it have to be Beaks or ASR? bc ive got a megan raching one right now, ill snap some pics later and post em.

mirrorimg

Megan racing has a subframe brace? Or a lower tie bar? I dont think they make subframe braces...

1stgsr

Grocery Getter
haha, major brain fart guys...mirrorimg you right ive got the tie bar!!!! its just been one of those weeks where my brain isnt quite functioning right....thanx for the help guys i know what i need to get ordered! kudos +++++

phatintegra

Banned
Beak or BSQ kit will work. I'm pretty sure I'm running the BSQ on my JDM ITR 23mm rear sway bar. Running this set up for over 6 years. I only drag it few times and road race 1 time at summit Point Race track. I did manage to brake a bolt. I replace it about 4 years ago and have no issue with it.

Last edited:

wite2nr

beaks bars are a joke, in my eyes they are purely cosmetic. an asr/f7 or similar subframe brace should suit your needs just fine.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Beak or BSQ kit will work. I'm pretty sure I'm running the BSQ on my JDM ITR 23mm rear sway bar. Running this set up for over 6 years. I only drag it few times and road race 1 time at summit Point Race track. I did manage to brake a bolt. I replace it about 4 years ago and have no issue with it.
the beaks is a good kit :thumbs up

beaks bars are a joke, in my eyes they are purely cosmetic. an asr/f7 or similar subframe brace should suit your needs just fine.
the beaks bar is a lower tie bar so it tightens up the LCAs thats it the beaks subframe reinforcement as apposed to the asr kit.

ksconekiller

Where would someone get a BSQ kit? I did a little searching on Honda-Tech, but I didn't see much recently.