Type R sways w/ Skunk2 LCAs... help

samace_sg

Second Glance
I was under the impression that the type r sway will bolt flush against Skunk2 LCAs. when i installed them the sway links are kinda far from the actual LCA so i had to force the screw in and it was at an angle. its tearing the bushing out.. Is this normal for Skunk2s? Or do I have to buy washers and a longer screw?

edit: got this pic on team-integra

Now i have Skunk2 LCAs so the screw where the endlink goes is a little higher. Regardless in order for the sway bar link to be parallel to the LCA there is space between. I have my links bolted right up to LCA... After a while the bushing tore right out because of the angle. Is this the remedy for this issue?

Last edited:

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Can you get a pic up, i'm trying to picture what your talking about in my head(it's not working)

heykosal

Angkorian
^Lol yeah pic please! This is an interesting problem. Sounds like you could easily break something though I wouldn't recommend driving around on it.

Spody02

Name: Cody
alright sorry i was on a gay apple computer
and click the wrong thing and i tho i was in the lounge section
and was like wtf is this

but yeah, still have no idea
haha

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Yea man, you have to have them parallel so I guess spacing it with washers is your option, that or buy a sway bar for you car.

samace_sg

Second Glance
Yea man, you have to have them parallel so I guess spacing it with washers is your option, that or buy a sway bar for you car.
i thought all integra sway bars had the same shape... cuz i had the same issue with my stock LS sway bar.. the issue is that the LCA is too thin compared to the stock arms..

If anyone has Skunk2 LCAs please post some pics if you can.

nexgenintegra

1ac4u2nv
i just did part of my suspension on sunday and i put the skunk2 LCA's with a stock gs sway bar and it fit perfect i didnt need washers or anything. is it like that on both sides?

nexgenintegra

1ac4u2nv
i was just looking at that pic again, those dont look like skunk2 LCA's skunk2 LCA's have 3 small holes with threads on the inside right next to one another, and you are supposed to screw the sway bar into one of those, not where the bushings are. so basically there should be 3 holes with bushings in them, 1 hole is for the subframe, the other two holes which are close to each other go to your suspension damper and one to the bottom of (the knuckle i guess you can call it--basically almost under your rotor). then the sway bar screws into one of the 3 smaller holes that are tapped. hope this helps

samace_sg

Second Glance
i was just looking at that pic again, those dont look like skunk2 LCA's skunk2 LCA's have 3 small holes with threads on the inside right next to one another, and you are supposed to screw the sway bar into one of those, not where the bushings are. so basically there should be 3 holes with bushings in them, 1 hole is for the subframe, the other two holes which are close to each other go to your suspension damper and one to the bottom of (the knuckle i guess you can call it--basically almost under your rotor). then the sway bar screws into one of the 3 smaller holes that are tapped. hope this helps
the pic is from team integra. just to show my issue.. i have Skunk2 lcas and have them bolted up to the middle of the three holes you're referring to.

nexgenintegra

1ac4u2nv
thats weird im not sure since its type r if that would make a difference. what year is your car, maybe if you have an older gen 3 then they changed the size a little towards the later years