Type r... Wtf?!

GSR360

Bought a type r spoiler for crazy good deals but this is the bottom of it... how am i supposed to bolt it down?? Let me know, thanks.

Last edited:

R13

The other asshole
I used 10mm bolts I had laying around from my p/s delete, Worked perfect, I wouldn't recommend using tape.

GSR360

yeah i still got my gsr spoiler and that one has all the studs in tact but this one aint got shit. nor do i know how to get studs in there. soooo pretty much gimme your ideas lol

TheIVJackal

Freedom through Jesus
I don't have the same spoiler but my spoiler has threads in it. For me to remove it, I just unscrew the bolts and screws that are securing it in place. You may be able to fit some heli-coils in the holes so that you can do the same thing.
- Aaron

GSR360

I don't have the same spoiler but my spoiler has threads in it. For me to remove it, I just unscrew the bolts and screws that are securing it in place. You may be able to fit some heli-coils in the holes so that you can do the same thing.
- Aaron
wait do you know if you can unscrew the gsr spoiler studs and just screw them onto a type r one?

aredbb2

Type R spoilers don't have studs. Instead of unbolting/bolting nuts on the GSR to install and remove, you will use bolts to screw it to the spoiler. The spoiler has threads in the hole. One of the holes looks damaged but it'll still be sturdy. Put some foam or blue painters tape on the area where it meets the trunk lid or your trunk paint could be scuffed.

Take the spoiler to a hardware store and find bolts that fit. Try getting stainless steel if you can.

dlo253

Yeah im in Tac. s*** id have to look buy I suppose I could cut a deal. Can't be too major I wouldnt think.
Edit: if the holes are threaded, look into that. If they are f***ed up maybe helicoil? Or get 10mm bolts like kurt said, then some big washers... n just do it that way. That would be the cheapest, and work just fine I would imagine.

Last edited:

OneFastGSR

My oem type R wing I had at one point had studs in it but 1 was broke off each side. So I basically had 1 stud on each side and had it held on that way. I'd guess you could use some bolts or helicoil like they said

JayVee

2Dr Banger
I was going to say just thread the holes if they weren't already and use washers / and the appropriate bolts needed for the job , but helicoils would work great as well .

GSR360

Thanks to everyone who replied, turns out the wing IS threaded so I picked up some hardware and its looking good! Only bad thing is that big ass hole on the left side is where the other hole is supposed to be so the left side is only being held down by one bolt/nut.

Last edited: