uh oh, sea foam problem

se7en-mm

i took the advice of somebody telling me to clean my engine by running sea foam through the hose that ataches to the brake booster into the intake manifold.

i ran it through it smoked a shit load like they said it would then i let it idle for about 15 mins and i decided to take it around the block.

it reversed just fine then i put it in first and started to drive then it died, and to push it back into driveway, now it wont start?

i was thinking maybe it just got flooded? i pulled out the plugs and i can see that everything inside the cylander is wet.

so right now i have all the plugs out letting it air dry,

has anyone ever done this and had this problem?

thanks

DeAcevedo45

Second Glance
The car would not be able to idle if water made its way in the cylinder, let alone reverse out of your driveway (assuming you have good piston rings). Did you plug the hoses back correctly? It seems like you sucked something through where it should not have gone when you gave it gas in first.

se7en-mm

The car would not be able to idle if water made its way in the cylinder, let alone reverse out of your driveway (assuming you have good piston rings). Did you plug the hoses back correctly? It seems like you sucked something through where it should not have gone when you gave it gas in first.
yea it was only one hose i unplugged right from the brake booster, pluged it right back in were it goes, its the vacuum line that goes from booster to intake manifold.

there is no water anyware except in the cooling system i didnt run water through the line i rean sea foam which is a engine and fuel system cleaner.

as for it sucking something up i have no idea what it could be if anything at all. unless it uncloged something somewhere and got reclogged somewere else lol

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
What is with people using sea foam? It's so bad for motors.

se7en-mm

i hate sea foam personaly, but they said it was supposed to clean my engine and fix my idle problem.

but since my car wont start i guess idle problem is fixed until it runs again lol.

more of a reason to hate seafoam and not use it anymore

se7en-mm

ok, i have solved my problem now. sea foam had nothing to do with it,

it was the bolt/screw that holds the rotor onto the distributor came loose and fell off, it happend to me the first time i bought the car so this time i bought a new screw but it was a little long so i used some washers and a lock washer with some blue locktight.

so all is well now, damn distributor has given me more problems than anything right now.

Sammich

lol @ haters of seafoam. i have never used it, but read up on it...its great stuff from what i read.

GSROWNSU

lol @ haters of seafoam. i have never used it, but read up on it...its great stuff from what i read.
Curious as to why you say it's great stuff. And where you read this from. Do you believe everything you read on the internet? I sure hope not. And i agree with Greg it's not good for engines. All it does is create more problems in the long run. There's no such thing as a miracle engine restorer...no ifs ands or buts.

Sammich

Curious as to why you say it's great stuff. And where you read this from. Do you believe everything you read on the internet? I sure hope not. And i agree with Greg it's not good for engines. All it does is create more problems in the long run. There's no such thing as a miracle engine restorer...no ifs ands or buts.
i dont believe everything i read on the internet, but what i've read is alot of the same things. i have also read that its not necessarily great for engines with alot of mileage b/c of the buildup that has accumulated around rings and etc, when the seafoam cleans it out, it could create leaks, i mean, its not necessarily seafoams fault for that, but its something that i've heard could happen, ill post up a link to what i read about it.

but i personally havent used it...so.....