Ultra Racing 2 Point Strut Bar

72Spitfire

Quick product review. Just got an Ultra Racing 2 point front strut bar. I needed to replace the 3 point Password JDM one that i took off and put on my GSR. I paid $89 for it. It's very stiff and heavy duty. White powder coat is done nicely. It has a nice metal badge welded onto the center of the bar to prove authenticity. It fit perfect with zero modifications and looks sexy. I would recommend to anyone. A nice go between from crappy ebay bars to the super nice 3 point ones.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Quick product review. Just got an Ultra Racing 2 point front strut bar. I needed to replace the 3 point Password JDM one that i took off and put on my GSR. I paid $89 for it. It's very stiff and heavy duty. White powder coat is done nicely. It has a nice metal badge welded onto the center of the bar to prove authenticity. It fit perfect with zero modifications and looks sexy. I would recommend to anyone. A nice go between from crappy ebay bars to the super nice 3 point ones.

where did you order these from? They have products i want but was unsure of how to buy them

Well.. i can say it looks nice.
its a legit company - just no one knows about them.

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
Well then for $89 that has to be in the 'good buy' category.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Well then for $89 that has to be in the 'good buy' category.
i dont see how money can make a "good" strut bar...for a strut bar you basically pay for the name. its just two shock mounts connected to a bar. i would actually say this looks better than most strut bars on the market, and shit for $90 its a fucking steal!

Look at the spoon strut bar, which is pretty much the same as a skunk2 bar:

im not big into math or engineering, but i assume all the load is on the bolt because its the only thing that connects the two. The Ultra is a one piece, sure its a bitch to install, but it has more contact points which spread the area of tension or whatever. Its a god damn deal for that. And, they have a racing team for anyone to retort with "spoon does RnD on the track"

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
Im not saying it is however most of the 'legit' ones carry a heftier price tag so this can be considered a steal for a legit product. Im going by what you tell me on the name so i have no prior knowledge of reputation or quality otherwise specific to them.

There are discussions on benefits of the bar and how its made/designed but thats more technical than i can get into or feel is necessary at this point. Something about solid bar vs hinged and having purpose behind either design despite being bolted into relatively same locations. Imo, looks great in white. Id get one if i had a white car.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Im not saying it is however most of the 'legit' ones carry a heftier price tag so this can be considered a steal for a legit product. Im going by what you tell me on the name so i have no prior knowledge of reputation or quality otherwise specific to them.

There are discussions on benefits of the bar and how its made/designed but thats more technical than i can get into or feel is necessary at this point. Something about solid bar vs hinged and having purpose behind either design despite being bolted into relatively same locations. Imo, looks great in white. Id get one if i had a white car.
the only purpose of a hinged bar is that its easier to install vs a solid bar.

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING

That's it, Tom! You're not allowed to give advice until you hit the track.
Theory is theory, so until you get out there and put that theory to work, I think you should chill on the speeches. I understand you read a lot and talk to a lot of people, but you need to get out there and put it to work or you're just someone regurgitating what someone else told you, which could be wrong.

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
Im not giving advice here, where do you see advice? I did say theres discussions and they are not mine. I only read those and had no input regarding strut bars. And when there is theory its part of discussion.. you cant shoot down discussion. I dont even have a theory on strut bars.. not that big a deal to me. lol Its a very basic idea but i find it interesting how technical they get discussing them. I wasnt talking about anything track related either even though the purpose of suspension parts has everything to do with track and nothing really for street. Going to the track doesnt guarantee a person wll learn. Knowledge is more than experience alone. We were only talking about the purchase of a strut bar.

72Spitfire

@ Samuraiiblue - http://ultraracing.com.my/ Did my research on their website. I ordered mine from eBay. I tried to pull up my purchase history for a link....and there is nothing there. I just found the cheapest place offering it and went with them.