under my trunk is soaked?

alexjoo

well here in socal it was raining alot last week or like two weeks ago? anyways yesterday i raised my car and got some tools in my car and it was wet. how did it get wet? im thinking its from the rain but how did the water get there? and should i worry about mold and should i clean it? and how do i prevent it? my mom said mosquitos are gonna form there soon LOL! is that true?

You have a bad seal. It might be at the tail lights, it might be the weather stripping also. Just gotta look around and see.

94SkankinTeggy

94SkankinTeggy
i just realized the same thing happened to me a couple days ago.
it evaporated in like two days, but i just got under there and cleaned it out anyways because i have dynomat, so i was kinda pissed.
i'm not sure where the sealing is bad, but i'm still looking.

alexjoo

but if it's my tail light my carpet and stuff in the trunk would be wet too no? because they were not but ill take a look again tomorrow when its not too dark thanks ci

mirrorimg

It will leak and run down into your spare tire compartment. The carpet wont necessarily be wet. When you brake/accelerate the water will slosh around and splash into the rear seat.

alexjoo

ah ic ic thanks for the information

j13

Keep It Clean
Same think with my car. The spare tire compartment got filled. I got a HUGE sponge and got it out and dried it. My seal is folded at the top of the window. Don't know how to fix it though and not looking to buy another one. Theirs going to be more rian here in LA soon. So might wanna throw one of those blue tarps just until you fix it. That's what imma do lol

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
u shure theres nothing wet in there? lol
when i bought my car the trunk floow was allways wet and i didnt know y, untill like 2 months later i fugured out there was a soaked floor mat rolled up by my spare wheel lol, it wasnt able to dry.
i know its a stupid question lol

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Bad taillight seals are a very common problem with our cars. I was getting water under my spare too, changed the tail seals, no more water. Even though the seals that were in there looked OK visually, they weren't doing their job.
Yes, mosquitos breed in pools of water, the warmer the better too.
Unlike the mid atlantic and Cali, the weather's been pretty quiet up here in the Northeast. We haven't had a snowstorm in over a month. It's just been real cold and windier than normal. In fact, the roads have been so clear over the last 3 weeks I've been driving the Teg, it's been great! I usually have it put away and it looks like this:

Or this!