Underside of rear bumper is partially melting

EyeKhan

¡AY, CARAMBA!
I did search, but that one topic didn't give an exact answer. So yeah, I noticed a burning scent lingering in my car whenever I accelerate. I thought I was burning oil because I saw a light blueish-black smoke. I was like... "oh eff me, another problem I have to fix." Mind me, there are over 4 problems in this teggy excluding this one. The problem wasn't my car burning oil, the stock LS exhaust was melting the underside of my rear bumper. It's chipping right over the exhaust supposed to be.

First, the exhaust is not touching the bumper. Secondly, I don't have an exhaust tip..so there's no way in hell it's touching the bumper. The damage is done. It's minimal. I'm guessing this problem is unusual for a stock Integra?

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
mine does the same thing except it has an exhaust and the tip does touch bumper.

do you have any pics of what your bumper looks like? your exhaust would have to be really really hot to melt the bumper since you have a stock system.

Are you sure your car is not on fire?

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
mine does the same thing except it has an exhaust and the tip does touch bumper.

do you have any pics of what your bumper looks like? your exhaust would have to be really really hot to melt the bumper since you have a stock system.

Galactica

I wonder if maybe your cat is clogging up and heating up the whole system. Does the car run totally normal?

EyeKhan

¡AY, CARAMBA!

I'll get pics later as I have no access to my car, right now. A fire? Maybe...maybe.. ahhh hell no. Hmm...it is abnormally black under my white bumper. I just hope not that's the case. I just hope, lol.

I wonder if maybe your cat is clogging up and heating up the whole system. Does the car run totally normal?
My car is operating normal. Well, I think it is, lol. Recently, I did pass a smog check.